Sunday, November 1, 2015

This Is Me Challenge

Marriage:
*How did you meet your spouse?  Was it love at first sight, or did it take some time? Through a friend of Eddies, that had a crush on me. He did not have a car, so Eddie drove him over to see me, the rest is history. It was love at first sight .
*How long did you date before you got engaged?  How long was your engagement? We dated a month, before getting engaged. We got engaged in December 1984, and we got married on April 6th,1985.
*How did you get engaged?  (The story.) Eddie got down on one knee in the front yard, he said you know I love you right? I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?
*Who did most of the wedding plans?  Who helped? My mom, and I did all the wedding plans.
*Who were your bridesmaids/best men? My sister,was the matron of honor, Eddie's dad, was his best man.
*Describe the details of your wedding:  the colors, the cake, the decorations, etc. The color scheme was lavender, the cake was a delicious buttercream frosting three tier cake, the decorations were balloons, streamers, and wedding bells.
*Where did your wedding take place?  Who performed the ceremony?  Do you remember any words of advice given? Peoples Independent Baptist Church, Preacher Melvin Lykins, Never go to bed angry.
*Who attended your wedding? Family, and friends.
*Where did you go on your honeymoon?  What adventures did you have? We never had a honeymoon.

2 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

This is also the reason I'm glad you're joining the Hodgepodge! We get to learn more about you. :-) Have a good evening, Denise.

LeAnn said...

I am so loving these posts. I met my husband in Driver's training. We started to date when I we were both seniors. We bought a 52 Chevrolet for $160.00. He left on a mission the year after we graduated. He was gone 2 years when he got home we were engaged two weeks later and got married two months later. We were married in our Salt Lake Temple by an Apostle in our Church who later became the President and Prophet of our church. His name was Pres. Ezra Taft Benson. He was also the Secretary of Agriculture in the Government. He gave us some wonderful advice.
We had a very lovely reception and then started on a honeymoon to California. We went back to where my husband served his mission. It was fun.
Blessings and hugs for you!