Friday, May 23, 2014

Five minute friday-close

Sometimes, I feel as if I am standing outside my life, looking in. I am so far away, miles and miles away. Since my stroke, I feel as if I am living on a deserted island, totally alone. People have left me, I have no clue where they went. But, one thing has remained the same, Jesus. He never changes, still the One I run to, turn to, cling to, the One I want for life. Our relationship has grown closer. Jesus always stays close by my side. I never have to worry, or be in fear of His disappearing. He always stays very close, near to my heart. Actually, Jesus is my heart. Now, that is what I call a close relationship!!

7 comments:

LeAnn said...

I loved your thoughts today on your close relationship with our Savior. What a blessing to know He is near. You are such a dear one that I know cherishes you because of your faith in Him.
Blessings for you dear friend!

moreofhim said...

I know exactly how you feel, Denise. I feel the same way - alone, yet knowing that Jesus is with me. We may be alone from those around us, but Jesus is right there, holding us up and comforting us. I wanted to share this video of Joni Eareckson Tada singing a song that has seen me through some dark hours. I hope it blesses you as much as it does me!

http://youtu.be/3UR7jxvD5lc

Love you - Julie

Anonymous said...

Jesus will never leave us or forsake us~ There is such comfort in this truth! hugs and love and smiles~

Monika said...

And when you've got people around you, what are the topics of your conversations?

GranthamLynn said...

Great post. Isn't it fun to be back. Great to see your smile.
Have a Blessed Sunday,
Sherry

bluecottonmemory said...

Change in our lives always brings change in our support system it seems - yet God's support never changes! Praying God's refreshing pour over you this week, that He sends His people to lift you up!
Sending you a virtual hug!
Maryleigh

Never Forsaken said...

Dear Sister,
I was reading all your newest posts starting with the one today, and ending with this one...I chose to comment on this one because this was probably the most important lesson I have learned in the last 6 months...and the most painful one too...people left my life in one way or another since the cancer diagnosis...But this had to happen in order for me to realize just how close Jesus stays!
And he also gives us angels to help us through.
I love you, and you are on my mind daily, as well as in my prayers.