Saturday, June 16, 2012

Words Hurt

Did you hurt anyone today with a very powerful weapon, your tongue??  Believe me, it can hurt, just like a knife, or gun. When you call someone a disrespectful name, or make fun of someone, in any way, it truly hurts. When you belittle someone, it can break their spirit, and their heart. It can leave life long scars, and cause tears to fall often, for the rest of their life. Believe me, I have often been on the receiving end of a powerful, bitter, fiery tongue lashing. I know how it can hurt!! Please, stop, and think before you speak. Pray, and then proceed with caution.

5 comments:

my little cottage said...

amen...wow friend the tongue is the most small part of our body says the bible and the most dangerous...we must pray indeed i love this post...love you friend

Unknown said...

Wonderful wise words of wisdom!

Joyful said...

so true! sometimes we even hurt people without meaning to. It brings to mind the wisdom in James 1:19 "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath."

momto8 said...

oh yes...how true! thank you for the needed reminder.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I have been guilty so many times of offending others with my tongue; really, it's an offense against God. Thank you for this reminder. How I pray for a sanctified heart and mouth all the days of my life.

peace~elaine