Monday, June 4, 2012

Life With Coco

Hello from me, and woof woof from Coco. As I am typing this, she is laying on my foot asleep, she takes baby puppy power naps throughout the day. Life with my precious Coco is a total blast. Today, she and little man met for the first time. They instantly fell in love, littleman just kept on giggling. It was so sweet to watch them together. Kelli, little man's momma, really fell in love with Coco too. Kelli has long hair, and Coco kept trying to eat it, lol When lovebug went to work this morning, it was still very early, not even four thirty yet. Coco got in bed with me, snuggled up to my back, and went right to sleep. When I woke up, so did she, and we layed there in bed playing with her toys for almost an hour. After we got up, she ate breakfast, and drank some water. Of course, then we went outside for a good walk. She stops, and smells everything, and picks up every stick she sees, it does not matter what size the stick is, she has to carry it around for a little while. We got her Friday evening, and we had not heard her bark until today. Let me tell you, she is ferocious!! Woof, Woof!! She was laying in the floor, playing with a toy that use to belong to our cat. It is a little ball, with a bell in it. When you roll it across the floor, you can hear the bell jingle. Well, she took her paw, and smacked at the ball. When it started rolling across the floor, and you could hear the bell jingle, she started growling, and then all of a sudden, woof woof woof!! It was so cute, her first barks, I loved it. Also, I realized, not only is she part jack russell, and part lab, she is also part rabbit!! Every time she is across the room, or in a different room from me, and I call her, she comes hopping across the floor to me, very quickly. She is adorable. That is the newest update on my baby Coco. Happiness is pouring out of the walls here at the Oldhams. Until next time, lots of hugs, tail wags, and barks from our home to yours.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Denise, that is one of the most precious puppies I have ever seen! Don't you agree that dogs are one of God's very special blessings?!

Give her a big hug from me - and let her give you a big hug back (from me, too!)

Hope you're doing well. It's been a blessing to catch up with you today.

Sorry I've been MIA in Blog Land lately - moving after 28 years has been so time-consuming and exhausting!

GOD BLESS!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I know she brings sweet comfort to your heart. I'm so glad you have Coco. Dogs are amazing companions. Some day, I hope to have one too.

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Coco! How ADORABLE!

From the Heart said...

Sounds like Denise and Coco were meant to belong to each other. I'm so happy for you both. We had s poodle when my girls were young. That dog thought she was human. She was such a joy. God bless you all.

moreofhim said...

Aww. I'm SO happy for you! Coco sounds adorable and I can just imagine that BIG woof. lol Thanks for sharing!

God bless you - Julie

Cathy said...

I enjoyed your update about Coco. I do hope you finally took time to eat breakfast! I know, we usually feed our animals first. I'm glad you are having fun with her. :) Love you

Unknown said...

Oh I am so happy for you! I hear you joy over your new family member :) Blessing my friend this post brought a smile to my face.

Pam Williams said...

This brings a huge smile to my face, Denise. I am so very happy for you. God has blessed both you and Coco by bringing the two of you together. :)

LeAnn said...

I loved this post on your precious puppy. We have a special dog who of course thinks he is just like us. His name is Sammy and he loves my husband so much. Whenever my husband is working at the computer if he thinks that he is stressed; he will hop up on his lap. Also, he will often times bring his play toy to let him know that he wants to play and that my husband needs a break from work.
This was a fun post and I know that you are going to have a wonderful time with him.