Friday, June 10, 2011

Doctor Appointment

Happy Friday everyone, praying that you all enjoy your weekend. Yesterday, I had an appointment with my primary care Doctor. She was upset that I will not be able to go to Georgia, she is very concerned about me. She is not upset with me, but with my insurance company. She said she is going to work very close with me, and help me to get better. We found out that my insurance company will not even pay for me to have outpatient treatment. So, it is up to my Doctor to help me. I have total trust in her, but more so in my true Physician, my Father God. I go back to see her July 14th, and in the mean time, she gave me some goals to aim for. I have to start drinking more water, walking twenty minutes a day everyday, take my medicine faithfully, check my blood sugar at least once a day, and try my best to eat more. So, I am going to do my very best to meet all of those goals, and with Father God on my side cheering me on, I can, and will meet these goals. Yesterday, as I was getting ready to leave my Doctor's office, I saw a young(in her 20's) black girl sitting alone crying. Of course, I had to check on her. I sat down beside her, put my arm around her, and said honey are you ok? Bless her heart, she put her head on my shoulder, and cried like a baby. She was there with her mom, her mom had an appointment with my diabetes Doctor. She is so worried about her dear mom, she is afraid she is going to die from her diabetes, because it is way out of control. I told her that I totally understood since I was also a diabetic, and had lost my mom. I loved on her, and tried to encourage her, until her mom came out from her appointment. I said a prayer for her, and then lovebug and I left . Please remember her in your prayers, her name was Mica. May God sweetly bless her and her mom. PS:My Doctor is sending me to have xrays of my lumbar and spine, and to have lung function tests. I hurt really bad in my back constantly, and get short of breathe all the time. She thinks my not eating has weakened my lungs. Will let you know when I get the results back, love you all.

17 comments:

Greetings from Niecy said...

You are an Angel and Comfort to so many. I Love and Pray for you always.
With God's Love,
Niecy

Love Bears All Things said...

Hey there, Sweetie...sorry to hear you want be able to go stay at the clinic but I know you were going to miss Eddie and maybe this was God's plan....I am supposed to be walking at least 3 times a week and I do need to lose a few pounds...maybe I'll check and see if you've walked and we'll be each other's support. It has just been so hot and I hate to get on the treadmill.
Anyway, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog posts. I love you.
Mama Bear

Tammi said...

Hey there sis! Just a note to let you know I appreciate your update! Do follow your Dr's orders as much as possible, and when you may feel like it's not possible, ask the LORD to give you a boost of strength to keep on keepin' on so you can get well. Look at you being such a blessing to another sister! That is why you are needed to get some rest and get well. "Ain't no tellin'" how many other people the LORD will lead across your path. You are definitely a cheerleader!! You go, girl! :)
love ya!!
tam

Peggy said...

Blessing dear Denise... I'm so glad that you are seeing your DR. and really working at getting well inspite of all the insurance refusal!
Amen to WHO you are depending to be Your Great Physician but it's important to do our part and it sounds like you are.

And as usual, my dear shining light of Jesus, you loved on someone else with Jesus' love and your own experience. Full circle, Denise!
May God be with Mica and her mom as He takes care of you all! He's BIG enough, He's more than enough.

I'm glad that you are getting some specific goals and praying that your tummy is able to hold what you try to eat. Maybe you should start out with a bland diet of toast, crackers, JELLO, liquid yoghurt (I'm finding myself liking these now only raspberry so far). I hope your primary care physician stays concerned and ahead of this battle.
Adding prayers for your back and lungs. I ask that you not hurt any more with anything else new, you have enough already. Please Lord, protect and heal our dear sister, strengthen Denise and take away any pain and give her peace and comfort in You and Your arms daily. May she rest and exercise. Be with her until the 14th, that seems so a far away, she needs Your care every day

You are the Lord that healeth Denise!!! Thank You!

EnJOY a great weekend! You and Lovebug take a walk of 20 min. of LOVE! God bless you and him!

Love, peace, hugs and prayers,
Peggy

Karen said...

I understand about the insurance woes...my dad is diabetic, too and his doctor says he needs an insulin pump...but insurance says he is not sick enough!

It sounds like your doctor really cares about you, and we will be cheering you on as you work towards these goals...

Bless your heart for ministering to young Mica...you are such an encouragement...

Will be praying for your pain to ease and your lungs to be strengthened...and for you to receive an extra special touch from the Lord...love you!

Joan Hall said...

Insurance companies - never there when you need them!

However we Christians have the greatest insurance of all.

I'm so glad you were able to minister to this young woman.

Many blessings,
Joan

Sue said...

Praying for you and Mica, today Denise. I am always amazed at God's timing for our lives, Being in the right place and at the right time and most of all being a willing servant is what our walk of faith is about.
I will be praying about all of these matters,
Love you,
Sue

Jocelyn said...

*hugs* God is doing such beautiful things through you - you are such a blessing! I hope you get better and better each day and the pain gets less and less. Much love!

Bernie said...

I know you will be healed Denise, you have so much faith and you know God wants you to eat and be healthy. Am praying for you always, .....:-)Hugs

Rebecca said...

When did you get back? I've been coming back checking and checking. And must have given up. Then I saw you commented on Bernie's blog. SO I hurried over. I've only read THIS post and see I've missed several. I'm going to catch up right NOW. Praying for you, whatEVER is up!

Wanda's Wings said...

Sounds like your PCP is really on your side. That is good. God works in ways we can not understand. Bless you sister.

Pia said...

you are super sweet. bless your kind heart. i prayed a pray for mica and her mom. i prayed for you too. (((hugs)))

Cathy said...

I'm agreeing with all your friend's comments, dear Denise. God, our healer, is always with us to lead, guide and direct our paths. Praying for the pain to go and for healing ~ Love you ~

Anonymous said...

God bless you, as you comfort others while carrying your own burdens. I have been very upset with our health care system (don't even get me started!) but I still thank God I'm an American. Will say a special prayer for you now. May God's mercies prevail.

Connie Arnold said...

It's good you have a caring doctor and good advice to follow, Denise. Bless you for ministering to Mica. I pray that she and her mother will come to trust in and know the comfort of God as you do. May God strengthen you and ease your pain. Hugs and blessings to you.

Saleslady371 said...

So glad you were able to comfort Mica. I'm in agreement with you for God to heal her mom and also you. Nothing is too hard for Jesus.

Love you,
Mary

Vicki @ Light for the Creative Soul said...

You are, indeed, an angel of comfort, even in the midst of your own trials. I wondered if you'd made it to GA and planned to visit, but I see by reading here that insurance didn't come through. That doesn't stop God one bit, my dear friend. Praying for you, that you'll be able to take steps each day towards health and healing. You are precious to me and to so many.

hugs,
Vicki