Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pursuing Love: "Love Is Patient"


Join us at Marsha's Musings in "Pursuing Love" over the next several weeks.


This week's topic is "Love Is Patient." Some other questions to potentially focus on and answer in your post:

•Have you ever built a wall around you to protect your wounded heart from being hurt?
•In what way(s) do you drink deeply of His love for you?
•Do you have a passage of Scripture about God being patient in His love towards us you’d like to share? : What a perfect topic for me and my lovebug at this time in our live. We are learning more and more patience daily, for each other, for our situation, and for God's timing. You cannot hurry love, or put it on a schedule, you must learn to patiently wait upon its arrival, and believe me, it is so worth waiting for. You must be patient with one another, always. God will lead your marriage where it needs to be, and He will give you the patience you each need to daily get through your journey. Have I ever built a wall around me to protect my wounded heart from being hurt? Yes, I definitely have. When my stepfather sexually abused me, I built a huge wall. In what ways do I drink deeply of His love for me? I daily drink from the bottomless well of God's love for me, could not survive without it. It sustains me. Psalm 37:7- Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently upon Him.

8 comments:

i said...

Hi Denise, thanks for sharing this. I certainly can do with this reminder :-) Keeping you and lovebug in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you.

Happy sends her loving wags and licks.

Debra Kaye said...

God bless you sweet sis. I could not live without His love either!

More Than Words said...

Praise God that He helps us to break those walls down.

Julie Arduini said...

Thank you for sharing so tranparently!

Love Bears All Things said...

This was a beautiful post.
These passages from I Corinthians are some of my favorites.
I'm going to hop over to Marsha's and check this out.
Mama Bear

Marsha said...

God is so good to patiently lead us through those times of uncertainty and doubt. And so thankful He is patient with us as He helps us take those walls down one hurt at a time and fills us with His healing balm.

Love you and praying!

Aunt Angie said...

I think we have all built walls at one time or another..thankfully, God can get through those walls and bring restoration and healing!

Love you much!!!

Saleslady371 said...

I'm finding that bloggers don't always write on their way to victory and share the pain along the way. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your writings. It's hard to keep the faith when you're going through stuff. I admire your faith and your courage, my friend. You bless me. I know many will be inspired by your story.