Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In Other Words Tuesday


“There was a time when [you fill in] defined my life and left me physically void, cocooned in a prison of fear. It stole my every hope and dream. But God’s love, and His Word set my heart free. I learned that within the confines of God’s story, nothing had been stolen from me, rather everything was given to me. My life, which felt so out of control, was in reality in complete control – God’s control.”: There was a time when rejection defined my life, and left me physically void, cocooned in a prison of fear. I felt as if everything I did was not good enough, that I was a total failure. I felt as if I were not worthy of any ones love, I actually thought that the world would have been much better off if the abortion had worked, instead of me surviving. But, praise God, He loved me through my hurt and pain. He was in total control of my life from the very moment of my conception. He blessed me by saving my life, and then saving my soul. A double portion of precious blessings were given to me. I thank Him for freeing me from the chains of self doubt, and self hatred. He controls my life, and I am so glad He does. He loves me, what more do I need?? Nothing.

20 comments:

Marsha said...

Praise God He spared your life!

You are my precious friend... a treasure in my heart forever.

I love you bunches.

RCUBEs said...

The simplicity of everything in our Lord Jesus. To Him be the glory! God bless sister!

RCUBEs said...

Sister Denise, your 2 blogs are awesome that I want to share a blog award with you. If you get a chance, come on over and pick it up if you want to. God bless.

devita said...

bless your heart sister.

love you.

More Than Words said...

You're right, my friend! God had a purpose for your life!!!

Grammy said...

Wow Denise, We were on the same wave length today. And both been in the same type of cocoon. I an so glad we met and but sprouted wings of happiness. Thanks for the birthday wishes and enjoying my silly story's.
Many blessings to you my friend.

Rebecca said...

He is your praise. He is your God. He is MY praise! Oh, let the world know - He saves, He keeps, He satisfies! Christ, be glorified in our lives - words & actions - today.

Miriam Pauline said...

{{hugs}} sweetie. You are never rejected by the One who created you. I'm so glad He defines your life.

eph2810 said...

You are right, Denise. There are times in our lives where we think we can not go on. But than God sends a gentle reminder (or not-so-gentle)how much He loves us.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this week's quote.

Stacy said...

Love this! And...LOVE YOU!

luvmy4sons said...

So glad you stop and remember who you are in Christ. So good to be defined by Him and none other. And the truth shall set you free. Thank you for your testimony. Hugs and much love always!

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Denise, the circumstances may be different but I think most people, especially women, can relate to being defined by rejection. Thank you for sharing that with us today.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Denise, How are you feeling lately? Sandy

Karen said...

I love how we all have a story to tell with the same ending if we have Jesus in our heart. What a testimony you have.

Cheptoek said...

Thank you Denise for reminding me further that He defines me. That was a challenging post and it helps me grow. Thank you! Blessings!

Samantha said...

God bless you my dear friend.

i said...

You are precious in our Father's eyes! Here's a big hug from me and wags and licks from Happy.

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful. In every sense.

Patricia said...

Amen

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Amen! That was beautiful Denise! I'm so glad He did save you. I'm so happy He led me here. God Bless you sweet Denise. Love you!