Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cafe Chat



What is one thing that happened in your life, that initially may have been a bad, or painful situation, that you saw God work together for good? Please give details… After trying for 16 years to conceive, I had to have a total hysterectomy in 2000, I was 36 at the time. My heart was totally broken, no amount of anesthesia, or pain pills could have eased the pain I was feeling. My arms were longing to hold my precious dream baby, there was a lullaby playing over and over in my head. Hush little baby, please don't cry, momma would have given you all of her love. But, it was not meant to be, so I had to learn to accept it. Fast forward three years, my momma moved in with me and my husband. My mommas health was beginning to quickly fail. There were constant trips to her doctors, and the emergency room. I became my mommas caregiver, until her death in April of 2006. God knew my momma was going to need me, the roles were reversed, I actually felt like her momma at times. As always, God had a plan. I praise Him for the time I had with my momma, taking care of her was a great honor. God worked out everything for the best, and I thank Him.

11 comments:

Toknowhim said...

Beautiful story Denise... Thanks for sharing your pain and joy... Blessings...

Debra Kaye said...

Denise,

Your transparent, beautiful heart and love for Jesus touches me so. I am truly humbled to be called your sister in Christ and your friend.

You have taught me so much in our short time together.

We truly serve an awesome God and may He bless you abundantly today!

A Stone Gatherer said...

God knows best! It doesn't make it easy, but it's good to know he is in control!

Michele Williams said...

Oh sweetie thank you for sharing this painful time in your life. I'm so glad that the Lord healed your heart. God always knows best.

Bless you dear friend.

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

That's a tender story! God uses the worst to teach us the best. Bless you!

Anonymous said...

I am sure there will have always been an ache in your heart for a child and the fact that you let go and put your trust in the Lord, speaks volumes about your heart for Him. The last thing I want to do is hurt you so please understand this. When I miscarried twins after going the whole fertility route, I was thankful to discover that I could get pregnant. I wanted twins so bad. What gave my heart peace was thinking that there was a possibility that they may have been born very, very sick and the Lord wanted to spare them the heartache as well as my husband and I.

sailorcross said...

Awesome post, Denise!!

God has given you the heart to share this, the vulnerability, so that others can read and see HIS goodness and mercies!!

Our lives here on this earth are not always easy, sometimes very painful, and we may never know the "why", but God knows and has our every moment in His hands, and I am so thankful for this!

May God bless you this day and every day, and may you continue to see HIS blessings even in painful circumstances!

Beth

luvmy4sons said...

I can't imainge it...I so respect your honor and courageous and trusting approach to this loss. Your faith shines through. Bless you sweet sister.

Laurie Ann said...

Our stories are similar, ya know...God has worked out for good what was so painful for both of us. I love the way you shared this story and thought it was an awesome post. Very touching. Thanks for sharing, dear friend.

Gretchen said...

He IS good all the time. So thankful for your story, Denise. Others will surely be blessed, as I have been.

Anonymous said...

Denise: What a beautiful statement about your faith and the power of faith in one's life. It translates into the power of healing & allows us to persevere. Wonderfully written.

Blessings to you,

HS