Monday, April 21, 2008

Remembering My Momma


Dear Momma, I cannot believe that it has been two years today since you went to heaven. I miss you more with every breathe I take, and there is not a day that passes by, that I do not think of you. You were so much more to me than just my momma. You were my best friend, my hero, my confidant, the wind beneath my wings. Thank you for being such a wonderful momma to me, and showing me what real courage looks like. I know how hard the last several years of your life were, and especially the last six months before you passed away. You were constantly having to go to the doctor, and the hospital. You were so sick, and weak. You reminded me of a beautiful, fragile china doll, that needed to be handled with much care. And, I did care momma, so very much. Watching you slowly fade away, broke my heart. You were so brave, and you never complained, no matter how much pain you were in. You always smiled for me, and held my hand. We always blew kisses to each other, and told each other I love you several times a day. You fought so valiantly, you were a woman made of pure strength. I praise God that you are free from pain, and that you are dancing on the clouds. Momma, I pray that I am half the woman you were, you were so awesome. I know we will be back together one day, what a glorious day that will be. Until then, please know that I am here loving you, cherishing all the memories of you, that are stored in my heart, and blowing sweet kisses up to heaven, straight to my precious angel momma.

15 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Denise,

What a beautiful tribute to your momma. You are a wonderful woman and I am sure she is proud of you.

Love,
Beth

Sharon Brumfield said...

Well I would certainly say you have her loving giving heart.
One day as you stand before our Father she will see the reward of her life.
Thinking of you today.

Anonymous said...

Sending special prays up for you today.

Growin' with it said...

My mom's in heaven too. Loved your post!

Vicki said...

Stopping by to leave you a big hug!

Melanie said...

What a beautiful post to remember your momma. I'll be remembering you in my prayers today, as I'm sure this is a difficult day for you.

Fran said...

Denise...Your momma is proud of you and is with you every single day! I hope you feel her love today.

Blessings and love sweet friend~
Fran

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

My heartfelt prayers adn thoughts are with you today
HUGE HUGS Jen

Marsha said...

What a precious tribute. Bless you my friend.

Denise said...

Your Mom would be so proud and when she left this world two years ago she moved into your future!!!!! She is no longer in your past.......

Love ya

Shari said...

Mother's are so special. The older I get, the more I appreciate mine. When I was younger, I wanted her to be perfect. Now that I have my own children, I realize that a mother can not be perfect. I think that I expected too much out of her.

Jules said...

Denise,

I have been praying for you all day today. I know how much you miss your momma. Please know that even though you can't have children through your physical body; you are a "mother" to so many! You uplift me and encourage me EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Your friendship means so much and God uses you in such a powerful way, hon!!!

~Much Love & Many Prayers,
Julie

luvmy4sons said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a precous gift we have in Jesus to know we will see our loved ones again. Prayer and hugs for you!

Tracy said...

Lovely tribute to your mother, and lovely blog. Thank you for stopping by my blog and saying hello. I am going to come back if you do not mind and read more.

Blessings

Bernadine said...

Beautiful tribute to your mom Denise. She must have been a lovely person.