Monday, March 17, 2008

Memory Verse Monday


The aim of "Memory Verse Monday" is to:1. Memorize a passage (or passages) of scripture.2. Share why you have chosen the verse, or verses that you have.3. Encourage one another with what God has been saying to you through this verse.4. Share the ways in which you find remembering verses works for you. Last week I chose to memorize: Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also, will appear with Him in glory. (Col 3.2-4) Such an encouraging verse to my heart. When I fill my mind with the glory of God, and think about what heaven will be like, I just want to dance for joy. I will see my momma again, and others whom have passed away. I will sit at the precious feet of my Saviour, and praise Him throughout eternity. But, if I dwell upon all the trials and tribulations of this world, it can really begin to drag me down. The rising cost of gas, groceries, electric bills, medical bills, etc. can really weigh you down with worry. I choose to dwell on the positive things that await me in heaven, not the negative temporary things of this world.

2 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

Yes, what a grand reunion that will be in Heaven! Praise the Lord we're on the journey home!

Melanie said...

I always enjoy your memory verse Mondays.