Friday, February 1, 2008

God Stop Friday


Hello everyone, welcome to another God stop friday. I had another God stop moment yesterday at my eye doctor appointment. I had just received quite a bit of bad news, and was waiting for the doctor to come back in the room to give me an eye test. Honestly, I was feeling a little bit overwhemed at this point. My husband looks at me and says, honey I have a plan. I said, ok. What is your plan sweetie? He says, when the doctor tells you to read the letters on the chart, sneak looks at me, I will tell you what the letters are. God bless him, only my husband would help me to cheat on an eye exam. lol After I stopped laughing, I gave him a huge hug, and told him I loved him. I consider that a God stop moment, because I was really upset, and felt like crying. But, God was there in my husbands sweet spirit, and together they made me laugh. Thanks for stopping by precious Lord, and reminding me that everything will be ok.

15 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

hes a gem
bless Eddie

Jen

connorcolesmom said...

Oh I love that God stop moment!
Thanks for coming over to visit me :)
You are just darling and I love your blog!
Blessings,
Kim

Nise' said...

Eddie is too cute! Laughter is such a blessing.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Denise, I am so sorry for the difficulty with your eyes...I lost my glasses last summer and haven't been able to get ones to replace them quite yet and when it comes to our eyes, it is just so hard cause it's priceless and precious to us. Hope it is resolved for you real soon...and your sweet husband sounds so tender, so kind. How neat!

Georgia4God said...

that's sweet! and to quote one of my fav movies, "he sounds like good people to me!" (from steel magnolias) I do hope you get everything worked out w/your eyes :o)

eph2810 said...

Your Beloved is such a sweetheart. Thank you so much for sharing this precious moment with us.

Blessings to you and your Beloved.

Patty said...

What a sweet husband! That was a great GodStop. He is there at every moment and I am praying for you!!
Can I also say that I love the U.T. jersey in your sidebar?! Have a great weekend!
Love,
Patty

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I love Eddie! What a guy.

I'm sorry about your appointment. :( I know God has a plan for you---something so extraordinary that you could never in your wildest dreams imagine what it is.

I'm covering you in prayers, Denise.

Gran said...

Denise....how precious this God stop moment was. You know it is just like God to give us laughter through our fears and tears. Eddie is a true God send in your life my friend.

Thanks for your visits and precious comments. I sorry that I haven't be able to stop by daily. Maybe next week will be better. : )

You are in my prayers and my heart, Denise....my precious friend.

I Love You,
Angela

Kathy said...

That was so sweet of your husband!

Lisa said...

So sweet, Denise!

Denise said...

Oh........... the sweetness of that man.... He is a GIFT from GOD to you....... it is such a wonderful thing when God places two people together and makes them one........ I am glad that that DH is your soul mate and when you cry he will taste salt..........

hugs0x0x0x0

Heather said...

That is so great - it made me laugh too! :) God knows just how to break the tension!

Bernadine said...

What a sweetheart!

Gretchen said...

Eddie...gotta love Eddie. What a sweetie pie. Enjoy your hunka hunka burnin' love, Denise.

xxxooogretchen