Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In Other Words Tuesday



"Faith never knows where it is being lead, but it loves and knows the One who is leading."~ Oswald Chambers:I have great faith, and love, in my heavenly Father. Many people have questioned my faith, they say things such as:how can you love, and believe in someone that you have never seen? I respond by saying to them:I see my Father everyday, His handiwork is everywhere you look. Just look in the mirror, you are one of His beautiful creations. They often ask me, how can you love someone that has brought such pain in your life, such as the death of your Mother? I respond by saying, my heavenly Father gave life to my Mother, and blessed my life by making her my Mother. He took her to live with Him, because He did not want her to suffer anymore. He never promised us that our lives would be free from pain, but He always leads us out of the pain, and helps us to be better people. My faith,may take me places where I have never been, but that is ok. I know, and dearly love, the One who is leading me there. Heavenly Father, I will gladly play follow the Leader with You, all the days of my life.

16 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

Great post! I'm picturing a blessed game of follow the Leader. How fun! Blessings to you.

Hopeful Spirit said...

That's a beautiful post, Denise. I love the way you ended it: "I will gladly play follow the Leader with You, all the days of my life." Wonderful thoughts.

My post is up . . . very difficult one to write. Hope you will provide feedback. All thoughts, ideas, opinions are welcome.

Anonymous said...

[Heavenly Father, I will gladly play follow the Leader with You] I would have to change... Heavenly Father, I have a little faith; help me have more so that I will follow ~ Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Great post! Your always so sweet on honest - I love how you can see God and still believe - even in heartache! What an inspiration to us all! Thank you for your sweet post!

eph2810 said...

Amen to that :) - Yes, He never promised that there would be no pain and sorrow this side of heaven. But we know that the trails and tribulation are easier to endure with Him by our side.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this week's IOW quote.
Be blessed today and always...

Changed by His Love said...

great testimony to the Lord working in your life! Have a blessed Tuesday!

Christine said...

He never promised we'd be free from pain...so true! It's worshiping through the pain that's important.

I teach my kids to see God in His creation and in people around them. We can see Him!

Blessings to you, Denise!

Deedra said...

Beautifully said, Denise!

Bernadine said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm always blessed by your posts.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Denise,
Beautiful post as always. I loved this part:
Heavenly Father, I will gladly play follow the Leader with You, all the days of my life.
So true gods handiwork is everywhere we look. May the Lord bless you this week and always.

Angel ():)

Rachelle said...

Oh yes, we play Follow the Leader, and the stakes are LIFE! Thanks for a beautiful post.

Connie Barris said...

your momma is smiling down on you and is so proud.. as she sits at the feet of our Jesus... she smiles... and her loves is forever..

blessings beloved

Connie

Faerylandmom said...

Wonderful post!

Your faith is so real, and so childlike - may the Lord bless all of us with that kind of faith. I know I could use some today.

Grace, Peace, and Hugs.

Traci said...

Amen... wonderful post.

Nise' said...

Your gentle and humble heart is such a blessing to me! Thanks for sharing today. I enjoyed reading eveyone's post even though I did not participate this week!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I like your take on this! Let's all play "Follow the Leader" with God!