Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?

Memories, April is my wedding anniversary, and the anniversary of my momma's death.

2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how? I feel compassion can be learned. As a parent, it is important to lead by example. Think of it this way, your children's eyes are like video cameras, they are recording every move you make, every word you say. When you reach out to give someone a helping hand, they see that, and learn from it.



3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks? I like both romantic comedy, and romantic drama.



4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying, "A hot dog at the ballgame, beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or disagree? Well, I love the Atlanta Braves, but I hate hot dogs!!

 

5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving? We have a major gang problem in our city. We have got to come up with more activities for our young people to become involved in, and we have to show more interest in their lives. They need to know they are cared about, and loved.  

6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.

Mama loved the roses by Elvis Presley.

7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe in life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it? No, I do not believe in life on other planets, but, I would love to fly to the moon, and swing on the stars!!



13 comments:

Alice said...

Great answers. I think compassion can be taught, but that also some people are naturally more tender hearted than others. We all have the potential for compassion, though.

Hootin Anni said...

I love the song you chose.

Never Forsaken said...

1. I have been showered with both rain and snow (snowed just last night again).
April is the month our youngest daughter was born 23 years ago!

2. I believe compassion is both, but must be cultivated and agree that is best done through example.

3. Romantic comedy such as date night, or the proposal, and of course, my favorite...Just friends!

4. I do not like sports...or hotdogs (sorry). I do like Humphrey Bogart though!

5. Our city is full of boarded up buildings...we have only one huge hotel and that has been closed for a couple years. Our town is controlled by a couple of wealthy families who monopolize everything, so it is mostly us poor people here paying their high prices to make them richer. We need more business people who are not so greedy and who can stand up to these bullies! (*google 'Walraven' & you will see what I mean.)

6. I like 'Delta Dawn'.

7. I belief there is life on other planets, but not intelligent life. Sometimes I wonder about intelligent life on this planet too, LOL!



.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Hi, Denise.

I usually enjoy April, since it ushers in Spring, but this year it still feels like winter!

I like romantic comedies.

Happy Aniversary!

Denise said...

Thank you Denise ; ) You should be receiving a gift today if not sooner. Hugs Denise

Sharon said...

Loved learning more about you, Denise. Just for fun, I'm gonna answer, too!

1. Lots of sunshine, and tons of pinecones!

2. Compassion is the ability to put yourself in someone else's place and feel for them. The feeling of compassion leads you to reach out in kindness to do something. I think it can be instilled by the Holy Spirit, and modeled for others.

3. I'm not a big movie fan, but having grown up with two sons - I say, bring on the action!!

4. My husband is a baseball fan-atic. I try to watch with him sometimes, but I would prefer eating the hot dog.

5. We have a local place called The Help Center - and it is always looking for donations.

6. Just for a chuckle - how about "Tiptoe Through the Tulips!"

7. I don't think there's life on other planets - but I don't think about it much. I'm more concerned about spreading the message of LIFE on this planet!

GOD BLESS!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Denise,
I have been showered with rain that has brought gorgeous blooms to my garden.
April is one of my favorite months here in Texas.
I love romantic comedies too and romantic dramas.
Loved reading your answers.
Wishing you a blessed day.
Hugs, CM

Becky Jane said...

Compassion is both - it comes natural to us as children, but sometimes is knocked out of us as we grow up. It can also be learned, Christ taught us how! Happy April!

Alecia Simersky said...

We keep getting rained on and Spring just will not stay around. It's quite chilly out today. I agree with #5, we do need to be more invested in our young kids and make sure they know they matter. Fun question and answer!

bp said...

Hi! Enjoyed visiting you tonight. Have a good one. God bless you.

Katie said...

i love romantic comedies!

Dee said...

I agree with Becky Jane about compassion. We have to nurture it. I enjoy your wed. hodge podge.

LeAnn said...

What some awesome thoughts. I do think compassion can be taught. I think we need to be good examples of compassion.
I love romantic comedy's the best but I like drama too.
I love hot dogs at games; but not at home they don't taste the same; strange I know.
You are right children of today need to be challenged and have opportunities to serve or they will get into the gangs.
Thanks for the thoughts and blessings to you!