OUTSIDE MY WINDOW-43 degrees, and sunny.
THANKFUL-that it is not raining.
Thinking-about a visit with my dad this week.
WEARING-jeans, t-shirt, gym shoes.
CREATING-my weekly planner.
GOING-to post office.
WONDERING-what kind of week it will be.
LOOKING FORWARD TO-my wedding anniversary on April 6th.
PRAYING-for friends, and family.
LEARNING-to be more prepared.
IN THE KITCHEN
Monday -Porkchops, broccoli rice, sweet peas, bisquits.
Tuesday -Chicken&dressing, cornbread, greenbeans, corn.
Wednesday -Sloppy joes, fries.
Thursday -Salisbury steak, mac&cheese, pinto beans, rolls.
Friday -Fish sandwiches, coleslaw, baked beans.
Saturday -Cracker Barrel
Sunday -Roast, vegetables, navy beans, cornbread.
AROUND THE APARTMENT-cleaning day.
PEEK New Recipe-Spaghetti Pie
- oz uncooked vermicelli or spaghetti
- cup grated Parmesan cheese
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- cup chopped green bell pepper
- cup chopped onion
- jar (14 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- cup light cream cheese with roasted garlic (from 8-oz container)
- cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 Cook and drain vermicelli as directed on package.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- 3 In large bowl, beat egg. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add cooked vermicelli; toss to coat. Spoon mixture evenly into pie pan, pushing mixture up sides of pan to form crust.
- 4 In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef, bell pepper and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pasta sauce. Spoon evenly into vermicelli-lined pie pan.
- 5 In small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons over filling.
- 6 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until pie is thoroughly heated and crust is light golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. To serve, cut into wedges.