Friday, February 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday-What Mama Did-

What Mama Did? In my case, honestly, I think it was more what Mama did not do.From the beginning of my conception, she did not want me, Which made me have to learn to be a real fighter in the womb, and throughout my entire life. When she divorced my dad, I was only 11 years old. She also divorced me. She seemed to forget that I was still a child, and needed her. I was once again alone, tossed around like excess baggage. When she married my step-monster, and he sexually abused me, she of course believed him, not me. Once again, she tossed me out in the world on my own. But, I learned to survive. I vowed I would arise above all of the pain, sadness, loneliness, and heartache. I promised myself, that I would never treat my children the way I had been treated, they would always know they were wanted, cherished, and greatly loved. Well, God had other plans, I was never able to have children. But, years later, in 2002, my Mama moved in with me and my husband.  She had a stroke in 1999, and it caused her to be 30% brain damaged. When she moved in with us, bless her heart, her health quickly started going down hill. I was her caretaker until her death on April 21st, 2006. The tables had turned, she was the child, I was the parent. I got to take care of her needs, love on her, laugh with her. Cook for her, give her baths, wash her hair, comb her hair, get her dressed, take her to the doctor, hold her hand, The most important things I was able to do: Lead her to the Lord, Forgive her, Pray for her. What did Mama do? She left this world on April 21st, 2006, and entered Heaven, Praise God. What Did Mama do for me? The best she could, thanks Mama, love you always.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a testimony of the work of Christ in your life and heart!!! ♥♥♥

Mike said...

Christ Is certainly With you. I almost couldn't finish reading this. I was so SAD. My Eyes where misty and about to cry. Sorry for a life like that. But I must say, I respect you for all your Faith in the Lord. YOu could have easily turned form God, but you had Faith cause the Lord God blessed you and was with you!

God Bless

Mike

Joyful said...

Denise, you are a wonderful testimony of God's grace and mercy alive in a believer. God bless you so much! Love you xx

joy said...

I thank God that although you experienced pain and neglect, you were able to forgive. You have a very good heart and I admire you. It was a tough life for you and still is, but thanks God. He is your strength and provider.

Cathy said...

Bless your heart. You have really had a hard time. Thank God for His wonderful, unconditional love for us. I love you.

Dieneke said...

Thank you for sharing this story.
Your life is a testimony and an example for us.
Jesus loves you so mutch!!!
You are in my prayers!

Hootin Anni said...

Your strengths astound me. Bad memories still linger which isn't a good thing 'cause they eat your heart out and you become unhealthy in mind and body...but you persevere. Your stamina and faith carry you to the highest.

Unknown said...

Wow!! What a story and I am so glad you shared it with us. I know what you went through and your words can help others!! Praise God that you could heal and rise above and bless your mom.

Karen said...

(((Denise))) Hugs to you, my precious friend...this example of unconditional love given for an undeserving soul is what God's marvelous grace is all about...what a blessing it must have been to experience that moment of forgiveness!

I would love to read the story of when you led your mama to the Lord...

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

What a wonderful testimony of what the love of Jesus Christ can do. In the world's standards, you had every right to be resentful and not take care of her- but because of Jesus' love you were able to lead her to Jesus. Thanks for sharing, what a blessing, Lisa :O)

Never Forsaken said...

You are an example of the true love of Christ.
Our stories are very similar. Although I did not get to care for my mom full time, I helped her to know Jesus, and I was the one she turned to when it was time to let go of this life and go with Jesus.
I can see clearly and have come to understand that my Mom did the best that she could with what she had too. And she reconsidered abortion at the last minute, so gave me life though it made hers much harder...She loved me, but was trying to survive her life as a broken person herself.
I am sad that she never knew true peace and fulfillment while here on earth. She died not knowing how precious she really was in the Lord's eyes...I know that she knows it now, and that gives me peace.
~God bless~ Lisa

rcubes said...

It's not easy to love those who hurt us. What more.if it's a parent who's supposed to love and protect his/her children...

I believe what your mother failed to provide, God shows His presence with you as you lived w/so much strength and saw things through His eyes. You are a walking testimony and I pray for your continued strength...His!!! Love and blessings to you sister.

Karen said...

God bless you, Denise. What a wonderful testimony.

talktograms said...

God Bless you , Denise. You are a over comer through Jesus!! Love you! ♥

Unknown said...

What a great testimony of love. Bless you.

LeAnn said...

A very heartfelt post. I feel sad about your childhood; but I admire how you came out stronger. It was sweet to take care of your Mom. I did the same thing. My mother died in 2006. I will treasure that time with her. You are such an example of goodness, forgiveness and love
I love the faith you have in the Lord.
Blessings and hugs!

Dee said...

your an amazing person.

Laurie Collett said...

God loves you, Denise, and has made you as His sweet child and ambassador. His love shines through you so brightly. God bless,
Laurie

Just Be Real said...

Striving to stay alive.... amen.

Sharon said...

Yesterday the message in church was about forgiveness, and how Jesus puts the responsibility on the forgiver. I am not surprised (because I know your heart) - but still amazed that you were able to forgive your mama. But what a testimony you were. Your heart of forgiveness walked her right into the Kingdom!

Makes me just :)

GOD BLESS, Denise!

Annesphamily said...

You are a marvelous example of Christian love. No bitterness and hatefulness but rather love and kindness. God will reward you dear one, into His heavenly home one of these days! A joy we all are waiting to share in! You remind me of Mary Crowley! Her childhood was a sad one and she found the Lord at a young age. What a blessing she was to this old world for all the years she lived in it! Thank you for sharing your story. I am so glad you and your mom reconciled and you were able to lead her to our precious Lord! Blessings to you sweet friend!