Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Morning Meditation-Luke 2:34,35

Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “…And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”

Luke 2:34a, 35b (NIV)
Twenty precious children, gone in the blink of an eye. Unreal, cannot be true. Suddenly, I feel very sick at my stomach.  More than that, I am totally heart broken over this news. Tears begin to flow out of my eyes, as if a dam has busted. Am I a mother?/ No, but, I am an aunt, and a human being, not a robot. There is a real heart beating inside my chest. I immediately call my niece(little mans mom) to check on him. As soon as Eddie gets home, I have him drive me over to see little man. I need to pull him in close, lay my head upon his chest, hear his precious heart beat. See him, love on him, know he is safe.Praise God, he is safe. My heart, and soul, truly ache for all those dear children, who are not safe. I cannot even imagine the intense pain the parents, and other family members are feeling. It must feel like a sharp sword has deeply pierced them. A pain, like no other. Wounds inflicted upon these people, will not heal quickly. This is an everlasting pain. I pray God will stay close by their sides, carrying them through this nightmare.

11 comments:

Katharine said...

Yes, I pray the same thing. God be with them all.

momto8 said...

so tragic. unbelievable. the world needs our prayers.

elaineolsen@live.com said...

Our prayers hardly seem adequate. Still and yet, they are our connection to the Almighty, and therein, we find our peace.

~elaine

Sharon said...

You have spoken my sentiments exactly. I can't wait to hug my own (grown-up) children...

May God's Light of Hope shine brighter in the midst of this darkness...

GOD BLESS.

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Our hearts break over this evil thing that has happened.

David C Brown said...

"He will gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom", Isaiah 40:11. I think we can apply this verse.

Dee said...

God is among them in their sorrow....so sad...so senseless. :(

girlmeetspaper said...

I can so relate to your need to hold your little love after the horrific news that changed our lives on Friday. Thanks for sharing your heart and for linking up today!

xoxo_grah said...

God bless their souls. They are all in heaven now.


xx!

Deanna said...

It is so sad, Shorty Bear:(
Just heart breaking. It has made me glad that the President has taken time out to address their community and the nation as well.

God bless you, Deanna

From the Heart said...

Beautiful song. You have a very loving heart for everyone. May God use you to bless others with all the love you have for others and especially "little man".