Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On Your Heart Tuesday

Realness is on my heart today. We must be real people, not fake robots. We need to lay ourselves wide open before the Lord. Do not be afraid to be who you are. Remember, God created you. He knows you completely, inside, and out. He does not expect you to be perfect, just real. We all have flaws, no one is perfect. Yet, each of us are unique individuals. Do not be one person in front of certain people, and another person in front of God. Be your true self in front of everyone, including God. You are not a robot going through the motions, you are a real human being with a heart full of emotions. Express those emotions, do not be afraid to share them with God. He is waiting, and very willing to listen, and help you my friend.

11 comments:

joy said...

Yes Denise. The best is to be ourselves. Amen to that. Have a blessed day out there:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Denise,

Even though I'm one of God's Children I'm certainly not perfect!

I've been praying for God to help me to become a better person for Him, and I'm trying to put my focus on Jesus Christ with all that I do, but right now I'm going through some difficulty, something that has tormented me for years! I'd love it, if you'd like to say a prayer for me as well my Sister in Christ.

God's blessings,
Lon

From the Heart said...

A very good post. Thanks I needed that.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

How often I'm tempted to cover up the ugly parts of me, hide them from the public and allow them to believe the lie that I have it altogether. Yes, authenticity is a gift we give to one another along with our willingness to own our frailties and humble ourselves before the Almighty, loving consecration of our Lord.

Thank you, Denise, for always keeping it real.

Shalom~elaine

Dee said...

We do need to be real and I am so glad that you are real on your blog.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post, Denise. I played piano at church when I was young and your post reminds me of the old hymn, Tell It To Jesus.

Cathy said...

Beautiful, Dear, thank you.

Danise Jurado said...

Amen! Lets keep it real!

momto8 said...

YES!! this is how i try to prevent jealousy in our house...reminding everyone God made each of us perfect in His eyes...

Nacole said...

Hi dear Denise,

I wanted to drop by just to leave a heartfelt thank you for all of your kind words you so devotedly leave for me. You are such a great encourager. Praying for your upcoming surgery. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I'm baffled by the contradiction... that we are so drawn to others who present themselves as real and transparent, then we hesitate to be real and transparent ourselves. Such a good reminder Denise! Thank you. God bless you!