Tuesday, March 20, 2012

On Your Heart Tuesdays

Today, I am linking up with http://www.shandaoakleyinspires.com/p/on-your-heart-tuesdays.html  Responsibility is on my mind today. We are all responsible for our thoughts and actions. One day, when we stand before God, we will answer for the things we did, and said. I think there are so many people, that feel that they are also responsible for others, such as their spouse. My friends, that is not true. Your husband, or wife, are totally responsible for their own words, and actions. I know it can be hard, when you hear, or see, something your spouse is doing, and you want to correct them, make it better, fix it. But, remember, it is not your place to correct their actions, and it is not your fault. You have no reason to feel guilty. Spend your time, taking responsibility for your own life, believe me, that is a full time job. Watch the words that come out of your mouth, and be careful to monitor your actions. As for your spouse, love them, and keep them covered in prayer. But, let them be responsible for their own live.

7 comments:

♥ my diary♥ said...

amen and amen! thank you friend for sharing...this...i just finished posting about something like that about me doing more for my love ones...i can only pray...and God will do the rest...love your post..thanks have a nice evening...

Shanda said...

So true. We are only responsible for ourselves. We can encourage others, pray for them etc but are only held accountable for our selves. So we better live right :)

mi said...

I think that we are responsible mainly for ourselves. Maybe, sometimes, for our children, if we don't raise them in a proper way.

Laura Rath said...

This is good to remember--to be responsible for our own actions, and let others be responsible for theirs. Thank you.

Jennifer said...

This is a lesson I need to learn in all my relationships!

From the Heart said...

You are so right.

Cathy said...

A very wise post, my friend ~ Love you ~