Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On Your Heart Tuesdays

Today, I am linking up with http://www.shandaoakleyinspires.com/p/on-your-heart-tuesdays.html   Recently, I have been in a deep dark pit. Did God put me there? Of course not, I allowed satan to drag me down into the pit of depression. By allowing him to weigh me down with stress, anxiety, worry, sadness, all the tools that are available in his bag of tricks. He used my self-hatred, medical problems, and my marriage, against me. But, guess what?? Just like when Daniel's three friends were thrown into the burning furnace, but when people looked into the furnace, they saw four, not three, men walking around in that furnace. They did not burn up in that furnace, nor did they even smell of smoke. Well, I fell into the pit by myself, but my friends, I did not stay alone for long. Jesus showed up right on time, as always. He sat me down on His lap, and had a very long talk with me about everything. He gently wiped my tears away, and put a huge smile back on my face, and in my heart. He told me to look up at the top of the pit, and tell Him what I saw. As I raised my head up, and looked straight up toward the top of the pit, I saw the prayers of my precious friends, filled with love and care for me, floating down. He said, can you feel the prayers that are being said on your behalf my beloved daughter? So many care about you, and have been storming the gates of heaven on your behalf. Are you ready to leave the darkness of this deep hellish pit, and return to basking in the Sonshine of my love for you?  I answered in a very loud voice, YES!! I also asked Him to please forgive me for my selfish attitude, that I knew feeling sorry for yourself is sinful. He gracefully forgave me. Gave me a huge hug, and carried me out of the pit. As we came out of the pit, I turned to give Him another hug, but He was already gone. As I have returned to basking in the Sonshine of His love, in just a few days, He has already blessed me beyond measure. Since my stroke, we have gathered several medical bills, climbing to the ceiling. Well, due to some unexpected financial blessings from two computer friends, today, we were able to pay off 17 medical bills. Now, they are no longer reaching the ceiling. We can now begin to work on the next biggest pile of medical bills, which consist of 8 bills.  Then, my husband who loves the Lord, but has backslidden away from Him, and has not wanted to go to church, or take me to church, walked into the living room last night, and announced to me, that we would be going to church this coming sunday. Praise God for still being in the miracle business. Is everything back to normal here at my house? No, but everything is where the Lord wants it to be, and will only continue to get better. In the Lord's time, not my time. Waiting on the Lord here, and I have no complaints. Thank You Lord, thank You.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, Dear, that is so wonderful. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Thank God for His love and the love of all our friends. Love and Hugs ~

Anonymous said...

Amen! I am so happy my prayers for you have been answered!

achildoftheking said...

Praise God, Denise! I love when the LORD rocks up like that and just blows away the distress. AMEN!

Leovi said...

Nice words.
Saludos.

Joyful said...

What a precious praise report! God is good :-) Hugs xx

lori said...

Denise! This is a testimony to who God is! He IS there in the middle of the trials, waiting and wanting to walk with us! I just taught this very lesson the our Sunday school this past week and your perspective is perfect! So honored to pray for you, your circumstances and for Eddie...God is indeed GOOD, ALL the time :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Such good news! Joining the celebration on my end.

peace`elaine

Melissa Mason said...

Praying for your health and continued strength, your husband and extended family. One day there will be no more tears and sorrow for any of us. I look forward to that day!

Mary said...

Denise, I'm so glad that things are working out for you and that God has blessed you. Remember, He is always with you.

Blessings,
Mary

Shanda said...

I'm praising God with you: for bringing you out of the furnace, for the financial help and MOSTLY for bringing your husband around to HIM. God does answer prayers! I pray things keep looking better for you.