Thursday, December 15, 2011

Caroling 7- While You Were Sleeping

I am joining a Caroling Blog Hop at Peggy's - aMazing Grace,,,Mazes, Messes, Miracles. Won't you join us in caroling across our blogs, until next Saturday. Just list a favorite carol, and sing along as you go. I hope you will join us.                      Do you realize all that happens, while you are sleeping? The world continues to go on, as you are dreaming, snoring, ect.Huge events take place while you are sleeping.  On the night Jesus was born in a manger, people were sleeping, unaware that the Saviour was being born,  who would save their souls, and make them whole. Years later, as Jesus hung dying upon a tree, to set us free from our sins, and death, people once again, were sleeping, unaware of the event. One day, or night, very soon, Jesus is coming back to get His bride. Are you going to be sleeping, unaware, in the dark, your light totally put out? I pray your not, instead, keep your light brightly shining, let Jesus know, you are watching, and waiting, with much anticipation.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Ohhh yes Denise... "While (we) you were sleeping" another new great contemporary song to be watchful!

Kinda reminds me in the beginning of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" but adds such a powerful message.

This is my favorite part which your words echo:
"America, what will we miss while we are sleeping
Will Jesus come again
And leave us slumbering where we lay
America, will we go down in history

As a nation with no room for its King
United States of America
Looks like another silent night!!!"

WOW!!!

And of course, I love Casting Crown and this CD!
So glad that you shared this one... but that does not mean we lie awake all night
pondering these things... God commanded us to REST. OK? as we watch and wait in our daylight is someone else's twilight... so throughout the whole world, we must carry the torch of Christ's Kingdom coming...

Great choice and thanks, I linked it up... as we fearlessly pray for another day... so many needs in the world in the USA... right on our doorsteps... c'mon America keep reaching out like Jesus would... let's not be sleeping.

Love you Denise... God bless, (((BIG HUG)))
Peggy

From the Heart said...

Beautiful song that really makes you thing. I pray I am not "sleeping" (forgetting) when Jesus comes. I don't go out much so I pray for my extended family and dh's. This is why I do the Blog hoping that those who do not know Jesus will see it and read and accept Jesus as their Savior. Not because I did it but because they could feel the presence of God.