Monday, November 28, 2011

Light Of The World

Last night, Lovebug and I enjoyed a sweet time of worship. We lit a candle, and both spoke about what the Light of the world means to us. How many of you have seen the movie called "The Perfect Gift"?? That movie is so awesome, one of my favorite Christmas movies. There is a song in that movie called "Emmanuel(You are with us). It is such a beautiful song, it is playing on my blog right now. I sang a part of the song last night, the words--Come into my darkness, and be my Light. Yes, my forever shining Light. The world is full of darkness, evil is all around us, but, Jesus is always there to lead me out of the darkness, and into His light. When I was in the hospital, at night in the intensive care unit, He was my night light, keeping me safe through the night. During the day, He kept me from falling deep into a dark depression, He kept shining brightly, never letting me be alone in any type of darkness. I am so grateful for the Light of the world. Shine on Jesus, shine on. May I shine His light for others to see.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know for sure if I've seen that movie before, but that song is absolutely beautiful!

And I can tell you without any hesitation that the Light of Christ Jesus, does indeed shine through you, for others . . . to see!!!

Thank you again for sharing such a wonderful post, and thank you so much for being so kind in visiting my blog . . . Humble Path.

Jocelyn said...

Glad you enjoyed the worship with your lovebug :) Beautiful words for this season.

From the Heart said...

Beautiful.

Peggy said...

Yep...SHINE ON DENISE!!!
JESUS LOVES YOU BEING HIS LIGHT!

Blessings and love,
Peggy
(I'm in, Our King WINS)
It opened a new tab, but that's no problem)

Peggy said...

My initial comment was:


Praise God! How sweet Denise!

I lit a candle also last night and indeed HE IS THE LIGHT of the world!
You have expressed so well how He can bring His Light into our darkness.
I have new HOPE today for you and Lovebug! This was a very special moment.
Thanks for sharing it with us and your feelings and thoughts on God's LIGHT!
Powerful message! Darkness can't exist in His Light!

Halleluia... May He shine ever so brightly on you, your family and your home with Lovebug!

Snuggle up like a bug on a rug! And give God the glory for His Bright Morning Star of Light!

He is the Light and in Him, there is no darkness!

Many blessings and much love,
Peggy

Rebecca Knox said...

What a beautiful time of worship you shared with your 'lovebug'! Inspiring! Have a blessed Christmas season! <3

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

God bless you, I can see you do...Jesus is alive in you. Much love Crystal Mary

Karen said...

Oh, you shine brightly, Denise...His reflection is all over you....

Cathy said...

That is so sweet. Don't know if I have seen that movie. Thank God He is the light of the world. May He shine through us each day. Love you ~