Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Everyone lift your hands to the sky, and give  our Lord Jesus, all the praise that He so much deserves. I will never be able to thank Him enough for all His precious blessings to me, but I truly intend to try. Thank You Lord Jesus for carrying me through all the mini strokes that I had this year, I had no idea that I was having them, but You knew, and You kept me safe. Thank You Lord Jesus for being with me on Labor Day, when I had a big stroke. I could not even walk, but You carried me. Thank You Lord Jesus for being by my side as I lay in the intensive care unit of the hospital for ten days, the Doctors did not know if I was going to live or die. My blood pressure was extremely high, and my brain was swelling.  You were right there, being my true Physician as always, my amazing Healer. You continually poured Your strength into my weakening body. Thank You Lord Jesus for being right by my side as they moved me to a rehab hospital. You were there the entire ten days, You never left my side, You were my partner, as I learned to walk again, dress myself, use the bathroom, take a shower, all the little day to day things that we all tend to take for granted. I love You way beyond measure Lord Jesus.  I was so sad, and very scared after the stroke, not knowing what my future held, but You calmed all of my fears, and turned my sadness into happiness. As always, I may not know what my future holds, but I am very thankful Lord Jesus to know Who holds my future. My future lays very peacefully in Your loving, caring, compassionate, healing hands Lord Jesus.  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

15 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That is a beautiful testimony of God's continual presence with His children, Denise. Thank you for reminding us that what God said is so true, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'

I pray that you will continue to full health, Denise!

rcubes said...

Sis, always remembering you in prayers...Believing in His healing and all of His abundant blessings being poured upon you. Take care and love you in Christ.

Denise said...

You are beautiful inside and out.... I am thankful that you were held in the palm of HIS hand....... I pray that you keep improving every day and that HIS strength becomes yours...good to see you here...

Robert said...

Beautiful testimony!

Heather Hart said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today with your kind words.

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

Wow, what a testimony to the Lord's faithfulness and love. Thanks for sharing it.

Jessica said...

You are blessed to feel His presence so fully throughout your ordeal. Thank you for sharing the gift of your gratitude!

Jocelyn said...

beautiful post, Denise. *hugs* May He smile on you and grant you continual peace!

Jessica Kramasz said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt testimony to God's grace and presence in your life.

jhunnelle said...

Denise I am thanking and praising the Father for He's done in your life, Peggy of http://mazmagi.blogspot.com/ shared about you, I did pray for you the moment I've read the prayer request.

Thank you for sharing your testimony.

jhunnelle said...

Praising and thanking the Father for what He has done for you, Peggy of http://mazmagi.blogspot.com/ shared about and I did pray for you the moment I read the request.

Thank you for sharing the amazing things that our father did to you.

May He continue to uphold you.

Blessings!

Alleluiabelle said...

I love you dear sister. Holding you in my prayers always. Your faith and testimony continue to hold me up in the midst of my hours of despair.

{{{Alleluiabelle}}}

Anonymous said...

I am blown away...I did not know you were going through so much..Please forgive my absence my friend..I have never stopped caring about you though.

Cathy said...

Amen. You are precious in His sight and mine, sweet Denise. Love you

Tami said...

God is good, indeed. I feel bad that you have had to suffer with health issues, Denise, but you can be sure, as the rest of us who read your words are, that God is molding in you an incredible faith that blesses many. Thanks for modeling faithfulness in the midst of pain.