Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Date Night- Park Night

Update from last weeks date night, which was game night. I won, woo hoo!! So, the next time we have game night, lovebug will be cooking for me. I love it!! Now, to share another date night. We call it park night. We pack a picnic basket filled with some of our favorite snack foods, such as: cheese and crackers, cookies, fruit, chips, and sandwiches. We also take a cooler filled with bottled water, fruit juice, and of course lovebugs sprite. We grab our blanket, and away we go. We go to a different park each time, there are several here to pick from. Once we get there, we go for a walk. The parks are all so lovely. We love walking around, holding hands, and talking. Then, we find the perfect spot, lay our blanket down, and get out our goodie basket. We enjoy feeding each other. When we are done, and we have cleaned up all the goodies. We read the Bible aloud to each other, and do couples devotion time. It is so awesome to spend time out in God's beautiful world together. On the way home, we stop for hot chocolate, yummy!!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful idea that doesn't have to cost a lot of money.

I would love to do that with my hubby.

I've missed you, Denise! Love you!

Tana said...

That sounds perfect!

Speaking from the Heart said...

What a romantic evening just for two. Have fun.

Karen said...

That is so sweet....

LisaShaw said...

Enjoy your time together.

Love you.

Bernadine said...

Beautiful idea for a date night.

Cathy said...

You two are truly blessed. That is wonderful, Denise.

Heather said...

sounds like something more couples should do! perfect :)

GranthamLynn said...

Oh I love this. It sounds like something from a movie. What a great idea. Makes me say duh! Why don't we do this. I love the idea of a different park. And wow adding a devotional to it. You guys are awesome.
I didn't write a post because I had to go to Austin today a (4 hour trip) for a State Vol. meeting. Had to spend the night with another volunteer last night and left at 4 am. Which BTW is not daytime in my book! LOL. But I will write tomorrow and explain why I chose the cookbook.
Thanks for joining and sharing your date night.
You Bless.
Love,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

That sounds lovely! The gift of time, especially time spent in the middle of God's beautiful creation (rather than man's artificial ones) is priceless. Have a beautiful weekend, beautiful friend!