Sunday, July 5, 2009

Super Simple Sunday



Precious Lord Jesus,
Give me faith to behold . . .
my name engraved in Thy hand,
my soul and body redeemed by Thy blood,
my sinfulness covered by Thy life of pure obedience.

May . . .
Thy comforts cheer me in my sorrows,
Thy strength sustain me in my trials,
Thy blessings revive me in my weariness,
Thy presence render me a fruitful tree of holiness,
Thy promises establish me in peace and joy,
Thy revivings kindle in me undying devotion.

Search my heart. Show me more of my
corruptions and helplessness, that I may . . .
flee to Thee,
cling to Thee,
rest in Thee,

as the beginning and end of my salvation.

May I never vex Thee by my indifference and
waywardness; or grieve Thee by my cold welcome.


(A Puritan Prayer)




Answer my prayers, O Lord, for Thy great name's sake

13 comments:

Bogie said...

I love this post! God bless you sweetie.

luvmy4sons said...

A beautiful prayer. Have a blesed Sunday sister!

Angela said...

This reminded me of a prayer I found at someone's blog and that I pray each day.
Oh God, show me more of Your holiness. Show me more of my sinfulness. Help me to hate sin and to love righteousness as you do. Grant me a deeper conviction of sin and a more thorough spirit of repentance. And make me holy as you are holy.

More Than Words said...

Beautiful prayer!!

Beth in NC said...

Amen! Beautiful Denise.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Great Post! Hugs Grams

Pam D said...

Search my heart... how many of us really ask that? How many of us really, REALLY want Him to do that? And yet, without confession, He cannot hear our prayers..
That's such a beautiful prayer, Denise.. I'm printing it out. I love it, and I love you, dear friend!

GranthamLynn said...

Beautiful post. I loved the poem. Your post yesterday was a Blessing too. Thanks for sharing.
Have a Blessed Week,
Sherry

Fitter After 50 said...

Beautiful prayer! I hope you had yourself a good weekend.

Samantha said...

Amen ! Such a beautiful prayer.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

A huge AMEN! to that prayer.

Grace said...

Have a blessed Sunday, Denise. You are a wonderful princess of the King. :)

Peggy said...

Ohhh AMEN!!!

Blessings Denise...such a sweet but powerful prayer to leave for us & lift for us in Jesus Name we pray!

Love & hugs,
Peggy

Love Angela's prayer also!