Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What Are You Learning



My friend Gina is starting a new meme on Fridays, it is called What Are You Learning? Here is what she says about it: This is what we will do:~First: I want to encourage you to be in the Word of God on a daily basis! Make it your top priority!~Second: Choose what you are going to study - a specific book of the Bible, a particular Bible study book. Whatever you feel led to study. Just be going through SOMETHING on a daily basis.~Third: PRAY! Pray and ask the Lord to show you what He is wanting you to learn. Ask Him to open your eyes to what He wants to say to you.~Fourth: Every Friday come and visit me...and we can share with each other what God is showing us! I will post what God is teaching me and you can share what you are learning - either by leaving your link on "Mr. Linky" and writing a post on your blog, sharing what God is teaching you. OR, you may leave a comment (if you don't have a blog-or don't want to write a post about it). I guess you can consider this a "Friday Accountability Group"!!! Hopefully it will help encourage you to be in the Word regularly, and to be looking for what God is wanting to teach you!So--although it is not a "Bible Study", in the way we might think of a Bible study, we will be in the Word and will have the opportunity to share what we are learning.How does that sound? I hope you will take part in this new feature! It starts on Friday, January 2.

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Sounds like a good one.

Grammy said...

Just stopped by to give you a big hug. And wish you and your Hubby a Happy New Year.
Grammy

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hey girl, this sounds like something good to get involved with.
I don't know what I will be studying this new year.....I will have to see.
My plate is getting full already.
But is good to have someone holding you accountable...it keeps us moving.

Debra Kaye said...

Denise,

What a great idea. I have seen a few meme's like this out there and I am so encouraged to see more and more of our sister's delighting to be in His Word!

Happy New Year. Love ya bunches!

Laurie Ann said...

What a wonderful opportunity, Denise! I'm so glad you're doing this. *Hugs & Blessings for the New Year, my friend*

bp said...

Great idea! I will look forward to reading your posts about this.