Tuesday, November 4, 2008

In Other Words Tuesday



Today is a very important day for our country, it is election day. We have been blessed to have the freedom to vote, and I pray that everyone will cast their vote today. But, my hearts prayer, is for everyone to seek the true will of God. Do not place all your hopes, faith, and support in a man, place them in God. I am not saying that we should not be supportive and respectful of our new President, but we should not place him in a higher position than he is worthy of. There is only One worthy to reign on the throne, and He reigns the world. God is still in control, please never doubt that. If you are looking for answers to all the problems going on right now, read your Bible. More importantly, fall down upon your knees, and cry out to Father God for direction in your life. Cast your lifetime vote for God, He will never lead you astray.

15 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Very wise words. :o)

Irene said...

Amen, my wise friend.

Unknown said...

I echo Irene. Amen.

Karen said...

That was great. One vote is all we need, the right one for Jesus! If we stay with Him we don't need to vote ever again. PTL

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing!
You are so right - "There is ONLY ONE worthy to reign" AMEN
Have a lovely day.
Lynnette

Betsy Markman said...

Yes, it's great to know that He reigns no matter how things may seem to go wrong. He hasn't forgotten Romans 8:28! :)

Thanks for the perspective.

Jennifer said...

Amen! Perfectly worded and so true...do not put our new president in a higher position than he is worthy to hold...regardless of who wins! I am so thankful that I serve a living God and not a man.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Amen, Denise..God is in control and he knows what is going to happen...

Abigail Kraft said...

A great reminder to always trust in God and give Him ultimate power in my life. When I allow Him to take me, nothing can touch me. :)

In His arms,
--Abigail

Laurie Ann said...

Well said, Denise! A hearty, "Amen!" from Mississippi on this!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

ABSOLUTELY!
I'm taken to Romans 12 and I Peter 2. God's Word is clear on the role of government. But our ultimate citizenship is in HEAVEN!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing who our focus should be on - an eternal perspective we need not forget!

Gretchen said...

Thank you, Sweetie.

Debbie Petras said...

I've already voted and expectantly await the results. However, our God is sovereign. The best way for real change to occur is one heart at a time. And that can only come through a transformation by the Holy Spirit.

Hootin Anni said...

So well stated...and you are SO right on!!!