Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Love Dare Day 12- Love Lets The Other Win


Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2.4 Todays Dare: Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you, and your spouse. Tell them you are putting their preference first. My lovebug loves to watch wrestling. It comes on three days during the week, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I usually get on the computer, or watch something else on the other television.Well, tonight I watched wrestling with him, and then we had our own wrestling match. He could not believe that I watched it with him. It was fun, we laughed alot. Prayer: Dear Lord, thank You for blessing my marriage with so many happy moments. I love sharing laughter with my husband. Amen

5 comments:

Fran said...

One of my fav scriptures of all.
Thanks Denise for the most precious reminder.

Hope you are doing well.
I love ya! Praying for you always!

Speaking from the Heart said...

You must love this guy alot. I can't see myself watching the whole football game with Prince.

Love ya,
Jean

Peggy said...

Blessings Denise...WOW! Wrestling??
I couldn't do it but glad you made a fun night of it! Love that version of Philippians 2:4 surely tells us to let the other win. So, Lovebug won the wrestling match also, huh? That's a happy prayer!
Keep enjoying!

luvmy4sons said...

Now THAT'S love! I try to do this all the time because my hubby is a flipper...but he picks some of the most awful things...I needed this exhortation. Thank you!

sailorcross said...

Denise,

I have visited you often during this Love Dare, and before this also.

Your marriage seemed like a good marriage before the Love Dare. Now, it sounds like it's turning into an awesome marriage!! You watched wrestling? Good for you--that is definitely putting his wants and needs before your own!

I'm working along on this with all 3 of my children--what a challenge the Lord has put before me! But, with His love flowing through me, I can do this--but that is the only way-through God's love, strength, power and might.

I haven't been posting much in the way of comments at Chelle's due to the length. If you want to check this out, I'm posting on "The Power of Your Love".

Beth