Friday, October 17, 2008

Love Dare Day 1-Love Is Patient


I am doing the love dare challenge from the movie fireproof. It is being hosted by Chelle, I really appreciate her for doing this. Please pray about doing this challenge for your marriage, it is well worth the effort. "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4.2 : Today's Dare:
The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience, and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue, than to say something you'll regret. I feel like I succeeded at today's dare. My lovebug makes it very easy not to speak negatively to him. Thank You Lord, and thank you lovebug. Prayer: Dear Lord, thank You for this challenge. May it make my marriage stronger everyday. Help me to show patience to my husband, not anger. I pray that I will learn to lead my heart, instead of follow it. In Your precious name I ask these things, knowing You hear me. Amen I wrote this poem, it is called fireproof.: I want my marriage to be fireproof, protected from the flames of hell. The Lord as our foundation, and everlasting love , as the framework that we forever build upon. Two hearts constructed to be as one, strong and secure, never to come undone. One hundred percent insured by the maker of heaven and earth.

14 comments:

Vicki said...

Hey Shortybear:-) Thinking of you and stopping by with a hug & hello. Amen to your prayer, dear. Amen.

HEATHER said...

That is a beautiful poem Denise and lovely post too. Thank you for sharing your heart with me. Have a grea weekend!!
Heather :)

Irene said...

Amen Denise. I try to impose little rules like that on myself, especially with regard to C's parents who are currently visiting. It works so much better though when the focus is on Jesus. There is a certain peace in the heart and the mind feels like a safe port when the focus shifts to Him.
Love you alot.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture you have on your page today. I'm not sure when or if we'll do that study. I hope we (my dh and I) live out the good stuff that's in it though whether we do the actual study or not.

luvmy4sons said...

Thanks for doing this. It will help me. I am in!

Connie Barris said...

thank you for doing this..

Our marriage is like a beautiful diamond that needs to be polished at times to remain it's sparkle...

I love you sweetie...

Debra Kaye said...

Good morning Denise,

I wanted to stop in and say HI and love ya! This is a great challenge for our marriages and I know you and lovebug are going to be greatly blessed.

We are headed out to the lake with family so I must run. Blessings to you sweet sister!

Marsha said...

what a wonderful challenge Chelle is doing. I'll probably wait until hubby and I go to see the movie together here in a couple of weeks, then we'll do the challenge together. But in the meantime, I can learn from you!

Love you my friend.

Marsha said...

PS... LOVE your header!

Unknown said...

Denise, Beautiful post.. and poem... God loves you...

Much love,
colleen

Ms. Kathleen said...

The Love Dare thing sounds great. I loved the movie. I haven't been here in ages and I look forward to more catching up. I still get a little weepy now and then. I miss my Dad and my uncle but they are in a much better place, a very Heavenly mansion with family. Thanks for the prayers! God Bless!

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful poem! I will be praying for you during this study...Blessings & Hugs

Love Bears All Things said...

Beautiful!
I try to always hold my tongue. I do not want to be a nagging wife. Honey Bear says I'm not. My daughter says we never argue. We do disagree occasionally. I try not to argue about something even if I know I'm wrong. It does sound good when he tells me, "you're right!" I always ask, "What did you say." and we laugh. Love is patient and doesn't find fault or remember wrongs. Part of my blog's theme.
Blessings,
Mama Bear

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Denise,

Thank you for the sweet comment yesterday over at Laced with Grace.

I pray that you are blessed today!