Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In Other Words Tuesday


“Order my steps, in Your word,Order my tongue, in Your word,Guide my feet, in Your word,Wash my heart, in Your word,Show me how to walk, in Your word,Show me how to talk, in Your word.(refrain)I want to walk worthy, my calling to fulfill,Please order my steps, Lord, and I’ll do Your blessed will,The world is ever changing, but You are still the same If You order my steps, I’ll praise Your name.~~A hymn by Glen Burleigh~: Such beautiful, heartfelt words. These words are how I feel. Lord, I want You to always order my steps, lead me where You want me. I want my entire body to be totally washed in Your precious word. I want to walk Your way, talk Your way, my heart wants to match Your heartbeat. I want to live in perfect harmony with You Lord. When I try to do things on my own, in my own way, I get totally lost. I wander off of the path that You have made for my life, and start heading down a deep dark path of unknown obstacles, fear and doubt set in quickly. But, I praise You for always finding me, when I cry out Your blessed name. You run to my side, lovingly turn me around, and lead me back home. I love You Lord, by Your side, is where I long to forever stay.

15 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Blessing to you today,Denise! Love Grams

Debra Kaye said...

Denise,

Aren't we blessed to have such an amazingly loving Lord who tends to us so! May you feel His embrace today, my sweet sister!

Miriam Pauline said...

Another beautiful post Denise. Bless you!

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Great post Denise.

Blessings to you my friend.

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Denise. God Bless you.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful prayer, Denise!

Michele Williams said...

Amen! Beautiful post dear sister. Love, Michele

Gretchen said...

Amen. What a beautiful devotional this is. xxxooogretchen

Sharon Brumfield said...

Things are pretty dry right now...I miss this being the longing of my heart.I pray that it will return soon.
Thanks for this devotion.

lori said...

Denise...
You are such an example of this hymn..your spirit comes over so clear on the screen!

Thanks for joining us today!
peace.
lori

Marsha said...

This is a beautiful hymn and an even more beautiful heart that just wrote in response to it.

Thank you my dear friend!

Laurie Ann said...

Such a beautiful post, Denise. God bless the outpouring of your heart. You are a blessing, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written. Life is always so much better when He's leading our way!

Anonymous said...

God bless you dear Sister...I feel bless to know you and humble by your words and faith dear Sister.

Unknown said...

He always leads us back - what a wonderful God!

Thanks for a great post.

Ava Semerau
And God Was Pleased

"And long after the history of all the big things that make the front pages are forgotten, what God has done through you and a few people will be history.” - Dr. Richard C. Halverson