Monday, July 21, 2008

Miracle Monday


Happy Monday everyone, hope you enjoyed your weekend. Today, I would like to share the miracle of pets. Pets are such precious companions, and a big part of a familys life. It does not take long to fall in love with a sweet kitten, or puppy. I have a beautiful persian cat named precious, and believe me, she is definitely precious. She is the queen around here, she has both me, and my dear husband wrapped around her paws. But, she is much more than our dear family pet, she is our hero. I have diabetes, and sometimes I can really get sick. If my blood sugar drops too low, I have what is called a reaction. I feel like my brain is in a very heavy fog, I get very confused. All I want to do is go to sleep, which is the one thing I do not need to do when I am having a reaction. Your brain begins to shut down, and you can go into a deep coma, and you can possibly die. My brother just passed away on June 8, because of this. Well, there have been three times recently, when I have had a reaction while my husband was at work. My cat saved my life, she came into my bedroom, saw that I was out of it, jumped up on me, and began to meow the loudest meows I have ever heard. She kept putting her paws on my face, and rubbing my hair. She licked my hair, and never stopped meowing. She would not let me go to sleep, she knew something was wrong with me. Because of her, I got out of the bed, and took the medicine that I needed to bring my blood sugar up. I praise God for my little fur baby miracle. Look, and listen. Miracles are everywhere, even in the meow of a cat.

16 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Miracles ARE everywhere! Thank you for reminding us of that every week!

I am so glad you have your cat to help take care of you! Sounds like she's been a real life saver!

Blog is no more said...

Low blood sugars are very scary!! Rachel has them at night sometimes and she is blessed that it will wake her up.
Glad that your cat can sense when something is wrong and react. You are truly blessed!

Fran said...

Pets are definately MORE than just a sweet companion. I think they are way smarter than we think they are and they love us way more than we could ever know!

Praying for you today and hope you have a good one.
Big hugs,
Fran

Jules said...

I, for one, know that I am very grateful that you have such a precious animal to take care of you when Eddie is not there! :o) You are such a special friend, Denise. I truly do thank God for you!

Have a blessed week!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Even pets know!

Melanie said...

Denise, I love this! I am always amazed by stories of animals that care so much for their owners. So glad that you have one that can, literally, help save your life.

Have a great week!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I am so glad that you have Precious. I did not know that you had a cat!! That is great. She is also company for you too while Eddie is gone!! I think that we humans do not know the power of animals and may never know it!! They are wonderful to have around. Annie is great company for me too...Sandy

Talk..to..Grams said...

Praise God for your Kitty Cat!! I am so glad she MEOWED really loud and didn't let you go to sleep!! Love and hugs, Grams

Laurie Ann said...

Praise God for sending you such a very special kitty. So glad you're okay, Denise!

HEATHER said...

Thank God for our pets. That is awesome about precious, I'm so glad she can sense when something is wrong and help you out in your time of need.

Bernadine said...

Denise, this is such a beautiful story. God bless Precious.

Marsha said...

Wow, Denise! That's amazing.

I drove through Chattanoga today. Did you hear me honk and holler for you out the window? Actually, my son, Adam and I stopped at Olive Garden and had lunch. I LOVE their soup, salad and bread sticks.

Shirley Mary said...

Every Monday, I go to Beth's blog to read the latest Miracle. Thanks for sharing your miracle.
And, you are right, miracles are all around us.

What a special blessing YOU are. . every day!

mary

Michele Williams said...

Praise the Lord! God is Good... All the Time! Animals are a blessing too. Thank you for sharing this wonderful Miracle!

Gretchen said...

I'm so glad God cares for you in all ways--even in the meow of your precious cat. xxxooogretchen

luvmy4sons said...

Pets are so amazing. What wonderful gifts they are. I am so glad your cat saved you! Thank You Jesus. They say they can smell the changes in our chemistry. What a blessing! How scary. Hugs to you sweet sister. We are back so I can be checking your palce more regularly again. Thanks for always stopping by my place! Love ya!