Sunday, May 4, 2008

Husband Encouragement Challenge-Day 24





Day Twenty-four: "And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord." Eph. 6:4
Children can be quite a challenge to the marriage relationship. A wise wife will support her husband's leadership in the home as much as possible, and will praise him for his fathering skills. Negativity makes a man feel like a failure, and may make him to want to give up.
Does your husband discipline your children wisely? Does he show them love and encourage them? Does he take an interest in their activities and dreams? Does he spend time with them? Does he take part in developing their character? Praise him for these important life skills.
If you don't have children—is your husband positive and encouraging around other people's children? Let him know that you have noticed. If your husband does not experience positive relationships with children, you will need to figure out why. Perhaps he had negative experiences as a child with his own parents, and needs to learn how to respond. Perhaps you can lovingly and patiently show him how to parent—while still maintaining his authority in the home.: Unfortunately, my husband and I do not have any children. But, my husband would have been an incredible father. He loves children, and is so loving, patient, and fun with them. He has always been so good to our nephews, niece, and other children. Thank You Lord for giving my husband a love for children.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this challenge! I gotta go back to day 1 & read them all! Thanks so much for this, it is truly an encouragement!

luvmy4sons said...

Parenting differences, approaches,and perspectives can be very, very sticky issues in a marriage. I don't always do so well...BUT God has shown me that often my automatic mothering instinct isn't right on. I have often said that if it weren't for mothers children would never surivive to adulthood, and if it weren't for fathers they wouldn't have any fun at all! LOL! I needed this exhortation. Thank you! I think that you would have been a great mom!

Hootin Anni said...

Another inspiring blog! Sometimes husbands tend to ignore the family what with their 'obsession' to make a living FOR the family. Y'know? But having just one word of encouragement ever so often from the man of the house tends to put an uplift in any relationship be it hubby/wife or father/child!

Great post.

Melanie said...

My hubby is a great dad. I know I don't tell him enough.