Saturday, April 12, 2008

Husband Encouragement Challenge-Day 2


Day Two:
" . . . through love serve one another." Gal. 5:13b

How did you do yesterday with your first day of blessing and encouraging your husband? Was it easy? Was it hard to hold your tongue when you wanted to say something negative? We hope you're off to a good start. (If you blew it, don't give up start again today!) There are so many practical things you can praise, if you look for them.

Today, find some way that your husband is serving you, or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!

Maybe your husband's not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Let you go first? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great strength. :Eddie is so wonderful around the house, he is always more than willing to help me with any project that needs to be done. He never hesitates to help me with any of the housework, including vacuuming, washing dishes,making the bed, even cleaning the toilet. Now, that is true love. When I am sick, which seems to be quite often, he is so sweet to me. He watches over me with such tender loving care, and nurtures me back to health. He is very willing to run errands for me, I really appreciate him for that. I am so blessed to have Eddie in my life, thank You Lord for my precious help mate.

3 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yes to all of the above. Hope that everyone will take advantage of your 30 day challenge.

How are you feeling?

Sandy

Talk..to..Grams said...

Like Sandy I hope every one will read your post and take advantage of your good words!! Love and Hugs Grams

Debbie said...

That is such a good tip about the tool....I am going to have to remember that on.

I am so thankful that my husband is so handy!