Thursday, February 7, 2008

About My Doctor Visit


Hello my friends, thanks for all of your prayers. I can really feel them, they keep me going. I love and appreciate all of you. It was not a good visit, much dissappointment. The doctor told me that my diabetes is eventually going to kill me, that my kidneys are going to get worse, and my heart, if my blood sugars do not get under control. They are running in the 400's again, he said they need to at least get in the 100's. The damage that it is doing to not only my eyes, but my entire body is aweful. I told him how bad the pain in my eyes is, after checking them, he said it was due to severe dryness, and very high pressure in both eyes. He said, I need to get that cataract out of my left eye, and have the right eye lasered. The scar tissue in my right eye is really bad, and getting worse. The problem is that with such high pressure in both eyes, due to my high blood sugars, he cannot due any procedures on me right now. It would be extremely too dangerous. So, I have to wait until June 5, then go back to see him, if my blood sugars are better, then he will be able to do some procedures on me. Eddie is very upset, he hates to see me suffer with this pain. He wants me to be helped now, not later. I understand how he feels, but it is all in Gods time, not our time. I just have to rest in my Fathers arms, as He teaches me more patience. Please continue to pray.

12 comments:

Cal said...

You are in my continuing prayers. I pray that you will be able to be strong, do what the doctors suggest and that the Holy Spirit will bring your blood sugars under control. I pray God will give you the patience you need to wait and you will have his peace.
Cal

Denise said...

I am so sorry to hear that.. but we will keep our eyes on the Father...first we will pray that He gets that blood sugar down......... I will put your name out on some other web blogs and have more people praying..... I do believe in miracles and I do believe that God can heal you and more than He can..... He wants to....... Keep that head up high and hold on to that faith that shines through every time you write........God is faithful.....

love ya

Keisha said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your news! I'll be praying for you.

Your blog is so cute!! I love it! I just felt like I got a big ol' hug when the page pulled up!;0)
Hugs & Prayers,
Keisha

Fran said...

Oh precious Denise....
I am praying to the Father right now on your behalf. Lord, I ask you to bring peace over Denise and her husband. Father, I ask that you give her rest and restore her health. Lord, please take her pain away and begin the healing process for her weary body. Lord, I pray that she feel your presence and her faith and trust in you be strengthened immeasurably! In the mighty name of Jesus...AMEN!!

Much love friend...what can I do for you???
Fran

Aunt Angie said...

Sweet Denise--I am so sorry that your visit with dr. was not good. I am praying for you daily. God is stretching the faith of His children---I see that clearly today as I've not seen before. He is faithful to not put more on us than we can bear though. I pray for strength of your body and healing in every ailing part of your body. You have so much going on, but don't be discouraged---God is able to do that and more ----the Bible says "exceedingly abundantly more than we can ask or imagine!" I can imagine a lot! So He can do more than that!
I will continue in prayer for you!

Marsha said...

Oh dear one! I most certainly will continue to pray, pray, pray for you...AND for Eddie!

eph2810 said...

Oh, Denise - I am so sorry to read that the appointment with the doctor was not so great. I pray that our Lord will give you some relief of the pain you are experiencing right now.

(((hugs))) and blessings...

Patty said...

I know ALL things are possible with God. I am praying and asking God to lower your blood sugar level to 100 and to keep it there, and I am asking God to protect every organ and to heal your eyes. Mighty God just as the woman with the issue of blood touched the hem of your garment we are reaching out and touching you and asking for a miracle! We praise you and thank you that you have heard our prayers! In Jesus Name, Amen!

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Denise,
I'm so sorry of the disappointing news from the doctor yesterday. I do believe in Miracles as Miracles happen every day. I pray that GOD will give you a Miracle and bringing your blood sugar down. I know it must be hard on Eddie, but hopefully Eddie will lay his pain in GOD's hands too. We are all still praying for you and will never cease praying for you. You are a strong and GODLY Woman and I know GOD will take care of you. He has great things in store for you. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

I Love You and Hugs to you,
Karen H.

Anonymous said...

I am continuing to pray for you. I pray that you will not be in so much pain and that you will be able to get your blood sugar where it should be so you can have the necessary surgery.

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Im praying sweetie always
Hugs for both of you
Jen

Amico Dio said...

awe, Denise. Please know that I am keeping you in prayer. You are an amazing woman and such an encouragement to others!

You are awesome!