Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thread Of Grace


Amazing grace, how precious. I am so not worthy of the grace that has been shown to me through the years by my heavenly Father. His grace is a beautiful gift freely given to me. There is nothing I could ever do to earn His grace, yet He chooses to shine His grace upon me. Oh, how I love Him for that, and so much more. How could I do anything less, than give that gift away also, by forgiving those that would hurt me, or seek to bring unhappiness into my life? I have hurt for years over the fact that my two brothers, and my Dad do not love me, and they choose to not be a part of my life. I am releasing that deep hurt, and intense pain today. I am laying it at the feet of my heavenly Father, and I am not going to pick it back up. I am thankful for my brothers, and my Dad, and I will continue to lift them up in my prayers, and I will always love them. I forgive them for the hurtful things that they have said, and done to me over the years. May their hearts be softened, and the grace of God allowed to flow into their lives. But, as of today, I am no longer held captive, by their hate. By the grace of God, I have been set free, thank You Lord.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Denise, praise the Lord for your brave step. You will not regret it one bit. I know how hard it is to forgive. There will probably be many moments when you'll want to take back this commitment to the Lord and just be angry again. But you've put a stake in the ground and will always be able to return to it...knowing the truth about God's grace and the power of it at work in your life. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Way to go!! Just forgive them as Christ forgave us and go on with your life. All that some people like to do is to take the JOY out of our lives..

Sandy

Mary said...

Denise,

I am so sorry that your Dad and brothers have acted this way against you. I will keep them in my prayers that they might come to know God. I'm so glad you have released them to our heavenly Father.

Blessings,
Mary

Jules said...

Sweety, I am praying for you. I know that this will be hard and there will be times when you will want to be angry but you are doing the right thing by giving them to the Lord and we will be praying that they come to know HIM as we do. Love and Prayers to you, my friend, Julie

Gretchen said...

Denise, you are ready to do this, and God is there to hold you. By the grace of God you HAVE been set free. You're so right, and so loved.

xxxooogretchen

Connie Barris said...

that is a hard step.. sometimes you have to do it more than once or even twice.... when those feelings or thoughts come back at you..

I am so there in my life at times...

I am praying for you in your journey...

I love you sweet tender one...

Rebecca said...

You are so strong.
You are in my prayers.
Love to ya!

Connie Barris said...

I have tagged you... ahhh I caught you...

Talk..to..Grams said...

You are so special I love you!!
Bless your heart!! You are doing so good!

Unashamed said...

Happy Thanksgiving Denise.