Friday, November 9, 2007

Delighting In The Details


This week I have really been praying over my neighbors. We live in an apartment complex, and recently things have gotten really bad here. Early morning one Sunday in October, there was a fire in building 5, we are in building 15. A woman was smoking in bed, and fell asleep, her son was able to escape, but she died from smoke inhalation. The very next day, in another building, a woman was murdered over drugs. Last weekend, there was a fight on the parking lot right in front of my apartment, they were threatening to cut and shoot each other. This is really sad, and scary. This is what has been laid upon my heart: Psalm 91:9-16 If you make the Most High your dwelling — even the Lord, who is my refuge — [10] then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. [11] For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; [12] they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. [13] You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. [14] “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name. [15] He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. [16] With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
•• Some wonderful promises of protection:
• No harm will befall you.
• No disaster will come upon you.
• His angels will safeguard you.
• You will be safe from the lion, cobra, and serpent.
• God will rescue you.
• God will protect you and be with you in trouble.
• God will deliver you. I am delighting in these promises of God, I am claiming them. I praise Him for watching over me.

8 comments:

Sandi said...

I saw your birthday counter and thought that is something my daughters would do. They love to count down to their birthdays. They are both in their 20s.

Mary said...

Denise,

Yes, God and His angels will deliver and protect us. I keep you in my prayers, as always.

Blessings,
Mary

lori said...

Denise,
The Scripture you reference is one that the lady who helped me my first year of homeschooling would PRAY over my children...
It moves me everytime I hear in and it speaks of SUCH POWER..the POWER of God...
What a blessing and what a detail..those around us who NEED our prayers!
thank you so much for sharing with us!
you are a blessing!
~peace,
lori

Talk..to..Grams said...

We lived for 11 years in an apt until I was able to buy my home after the divorce..... I know what you are taking about... Bless your heart!!God sure has to watch over us! well, even in this house!!

I have a nice award for you over at my blog!! When you can, come on over and pick it up!! Love and Hugs, Grams

Sharon Brumfield said...

Way to go going to the word and fighting the good fight with HIS words!
I have been amazed by the stories of people seeing angels protecting someone. They were not even aware they were seeing angels-they just thought the person had a security guard.
We have our own personal security guards. And they are some mighty powerful creatures!

Heather said...

Wow. That's a lot to be praying for and right under the same roof. Psalm 91 has always provided comfort for me too.

Bernadine said...

Those are some wonderful promises indeed. Thank you for sharing such an awesome post.

Jules said...

I LOVE this psalm, Denise! It always brings comfort. Praying for your neighbors and you, sweet friend.
Love and Prayers, Julie