Friday, October 19, 2007

A thru Z- Q is for quiet


Sometimes, I feel like the world is too noisy. I wish that everyone would lower their voices, seek out a quiet place, and spend some quality time alone with their Father. With all the loudness, and confusion in the world today, it can be hard to hear His voice. You must turn down the volume, and listen carefully, to hear that still small voice. He is calling out to you daily, His desire, is for you to answer His call. We should not make Him compete with the world for our attention, after all, this world was created by His precious, loving hands. So, today as you go along your way, listen for your Fathers voice, He wants to tell you how very much He loves you.

7 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Amen!
I started hearing that still small voice again last night.
It was in the breeze that touched my face as I was calling out for assurance of His love.
Thank you for the devotional. Thank you for thinking of me.

Sharon said...

Thank you for your sweet devotion.

Mary said...

What a beautiful devotion. I'm not a lover of noise. People do not understand that I find the world a very noisy place. I crave peace and solitude.

Thanks for sharing this. Have wonderful day. Mary

Anonymous said...

The world is too noisy. Don't you wish you had a fog horn for those cars with boom boxes?

Thanks again for praying for me. This morning I posted an update on my valley to mountain journey.

Jules said...

Hon, I love peace and quiet. I find there is nothing better than early (about 5 am) in the morning, sitting in my living room and reading my Bible and praying. It is so peaceful and I wish my whole day could be that way. This really spoke to me today.. Glad to know I am not alone in feeling that the world is too busy and noisy!
Love you,
Julie

Talk..to..Grams said...

This is really good! It gets so noisy sometimes you can't hear from God! Love you, Grams

Bernadine said...

Thank you for this timely post.