Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Smiles



A crumbling old church building needed remodeling, so, during his sermon, the preacher made an impassioned appeal looking directly at the richest man in town.
At the end of the sermon, the rich man stood up and announced, "Pastor, I will contribute $1,000."
Just then, plaster fell from the ceiling and struck the rich man on the shoulder.
He promptly stood back up and shouted, "Pastor, I will increase my donation to $5,000."
Before he could sit back down, plaster fell on him again, and he virtually screamed, "Pastor, I will double my last pledge."
He sat down, and a larger chunk of plaster fell on his head.
He stood up once more and hollered, "Pastor, I will give $20,000!"
This prompted a deacon to shout, "Hit him again, Lord! Hit him again!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*giggle*

This is too cute. Sometimes I think a few of us need a smack from God. Love it!

Have a great Sunday and thanks for joining in the fun.

Allison said...

:) Hope you're having a great weekend my friend!!!

Mary said...

Denise,

I love this. Sometimes we all need a wake up call. :-)

Bernadine said...

lol, I can just imagine that scene.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Yes, that was funny!
How cool would it be to have that much to give?

Cheryl said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. That is so cute. I noticed you are from Chattanooga, I am from Ider. Just wanted to say hello. Enjoyed my visit to your blog. Thanks.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hope your Sunday was a good one!! madison and i had fun learning how to sew. Thanks for stopping by and seeing her work.
I just heard from her mom that she has the flu so i am guessing that in a day or two i will have it too. it is going around here a lot..Sandy

Sharon Brumfield said...

Come over and see!