Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Train


We live in an apartment building, in the back of the building is a wooded area, and then there are some train tracks. Late at night, when the train whistle blows, it sounds so very lonely. When my momma passed away last year, I would sit up late at night, missing her so very much. I can remember the sound of that train making me feel so all alone, as it chugged along, it was as if it were singing to me:she is never coming back, never coming back. You are now a motherless child, you are alone, alone, alone. My heart would ache with longing for my momma. Well, this coming Friday, it has been 17 months since my momma passed away. Do I still miss her? Of course I do, I always will. But, praise God for healing my broken heart. He never left my side throughout my entire grieving process. He taught me some very valuable lessons through the death of my dear momma. One being, that life is very fragile, and we should handle it with prayer. Now, late at night, when that midnight train comes chugging along, it is singing a new song to me. It is singing:Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Yes, Jesus loves me, yes, Jesus loves me. Roll on along train, roll on along.

9 comments:

NotJustLaura said...

Thank you for sharing such gentle thoughts ... and for reminding me that, no matter what news I get today, Jesus will never leave me.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Learn to make the negative thought positive thoughts and to know that Jesus is always near...what more can we ask....

Talk..to..Grams said...

Jesus loves me!! I love that!

Jules said...

This is SO beautiful, hon! That's right, JESUS LOVES YOU and HE LOVES ME TOO! He is so faithful and near.

Have a blessed day!

Love,

Julie

Lisa said...

What a beautiful post, Denise!!!

Bernadine said...

Lovely post Denise. It's coming up on the one year anniversary of my mom's death and but like you I've alse learned some valuable lessons through her death.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

We live VERY near train tracks too
probably even closer by the sounds of it than u do my friend

Isnt God so faithful

Im pleased you are healing and that God is working in your life and heart

Does the train shake your house???

Julie said...

What a beautiful story.

Anonymous said...

I really admire you for turning something sad into something uplifting. My father-in-law passed away last month and until now we are still in the healing process...
wonderful post.