Sunday, July 1, 2007

Falling In Love All Over Again


Just when you think you cannot possibly love your husband more than you already do, he proves you wrong. Yesterday evening, Eddie and I were snuggling together on the couch, talking about various things. You know important things like:what are we going to snack on now honey? Whose turn is it to make a run to the kitchen for something to drink? Who wants to feed the cat? Who has control of the remote? You know, life altering things like that, lol Then, after satisfying our tummys, and quieting the cat by feeding her, she had been singing to us non-stop, meowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! We began to have a serious discussion about my upcoming eye surgery, of which I am a little nervous. I told Eddie that I am worried that it will not help my vision, because it has really gotten worse. I have put it in Gods hands, and trust Him totally. No matter what happens, I will accept the results. But, I asked Eddie what would he do, if I totally lose my sight in that eye. He pulled me close, hugged me tightly to his chest, and softly said the following: Nothing will change, I will love you even more. Do not worry about anything, if that should happen, I will be your eyes. I will gladly help lead you through the rest of your life. He said, remember, two became one when we got married. My eyes, will become your eyes if needed. I love this man more with every beat of my heart. Thank You Lord for putting these two hearts together.

10 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yes and Eddie is completely right!! He is supposed to be your other eye if something does not go right...but that is NOT going to happen!! God is in control and all is going to go well with you. Thanks once again for your encouraging words to me everyday. My life is just fine. We need to concentrate on you now...Sandy

Connie Barris said...

That is just the sweetest thing ever...

how precious...

and we'll be praying for you..

love you dearly

Allison said...

Lor dJesus, thank you for providing my dear friend Denise with such an awesome and loving husband. In this world where we don't know what will happen to us on a daily basis, it is through Your promise of providing each one of Your children with a spouse that will raise them up and encourage, love, guide and be a blessing to them on a daily basis. Especially You have promised that your daughters will be given husbands that will love their wives as Christ loves the church. Thank you Father God for providing this kind of husband to your dear daughter-servant, Denise.

Amen

Melanie said...

What a sweet hubby you have!!

I have a special prayer request over at my blog. I would appreciate it if you would stop by and let me know that you will be helping me pray.

Anonymous said...

bless Eddie
I pray for your surgery
Muzz worries about that too while his eyes are still ok at the moment he does have diabetes
have a wonderful day today my friend

Unashamed said...

This gives new meaning to the two shall become one. Beautiful.

Crystal said...

awwwwww.....how sweet!

eph2810 said...

That is so sweet, Denise. I know that God knew to put the two of you together. It is precious to read that there are men out there that really take care of their women.

Thank you for sharing this tender moment with us.

Be blessed today and always.

Detroit said...

Absolutely precious - I have to go wipe my joyful tears now! Blessings.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Eddie is so right and that is so precious. Your post made me cry I love you my sweet friend.

Hugs,

Angel ( D.)