Saturday, July 7, 2007

Day 30- 30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge




"This is my beloved, and this is my friend . . ." (Song of Solomon 5:16b)
Friends can be completely honest with each other, but friendships are strained when truth is not spoken in love. How are you speaking to your beloved? Are you so "used" to him that you don't appreciate the wonder of his friendship? That is your challenge today.
Is your sweetheart your best friend? Does he know this? Have you told him, or do you assume he "just knows"?
Friendship is something that is cultivated through the good times and the bad. Friends can share their hearts, but they don't step on each other's hearts.
The way to have and be a good friend is to cultivate and celebrate the relationship. As you end this "30-Day Encouragement Challenge," celebrate your friendship with your husband. Get alone and reflect on your beloved friend. Write him a letter, listing the qualities you admire and appreciate about him. If you are creative with words, write and frame a poem about him.
Perhaps you can prepare a special meal, just for the two of you, and read the letter or poem to him. Ask if you can pray for him, and if he is willing, thank God for your love and friendship, asking for His blessing on your home.
Encouragement, as you have seen these past 30 days, is a synonym for love in action.: My husband and I are truly each others best friend. We always tell each other how much we value the friendship that we share. I am going to write Eddie a poem telling him how much I love him, and read it to him over a special candle light dinner I am going to prepare for him this weekend.

2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

Hey dahlin...

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend...

love you bunches...

Momma bear

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend my sweet dear friend. My has been crazy and I had to get these posts up as they have a time difference. It is Monday for them now...LOL Thanks for always being a good true friend and being there for me. I will always be there.

Great post
Hugs,

Angel ():)