Monday, June 18, 2007

Honor Your Husband-30 Day Challenge


Christine at http://fruitinseason.blogspot.com/ is hosting a thirty day honor your husband challenge. I am going to join in, because the more I can honor my husband, the better. Throughout each day, put aside negative words and bring good to your husband by words and actions. Notice things he does for you and your family and show your appreciation. Compliment him. Speak well of him in public, both in his presence and when he is not with you. Give him the opportunity to be your hero and praise his masculinity. Tell your children (if you have them) how wonderful their daddy is. Accept his decisions with grace and really support them, even if you don't fully agree. If you have a disagreement, show respect by maintaining a pleasant tone of voice and eye contact. Serve him first at the dinner table. Don't be insincere, but surprise him by withholding a typical negative reaction in favor of a God-honoring one.Choose a few small goals for yourself each week and make sure to post them. Write them on post-its and put them on your mirror, in your car and your purse, or anywhere else you'll see them. Keep a journal for the month about successes and struggles. What is hardest for you to do? What comes easily? How is your husband responding to your efforts?
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."My goals for this week are:1)Put a love letter in his lunch box everyday. 2)Greet him with a hug and kiss as soon as he comes in the door from work each day. 3)Compliment him everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great challenge and I am going to check it out right now. I take my hubby for granted too much! I need to let him know how much he means to the kids and I, and this challenge might be what I need to get in the habit!

Glad I found you from Tales from the Scales! :)