Friday, February 21, 2014

How do I make all the pieces fit?

Due to certain circumstances throughout my life, I feel broken. Inside, and out. Especially since my stroke in 2011. The day it happened, I felt as if I had been thrown across the room, and had totally shattered into a million pieces. Not being able to walk, or process my thoughts, or talk very well, and my vision being very blurry, or double vision. Also, major headaches, and blackouts. Well, let me truthfully tell you something, all of those things can be very humbling. So, as always, I took it to Jesus. My all time, ultimate healer. I cried out, through my tears, and much pain, asking Him how was I going to get through all of this?? I said, I am totally broken, never going to be whole again. Jesus said, 'No, No, No!! You are wrong my daughter. I am the Potter, you are the clay. I will collect all of your broken pieces, put them together, and recreate you. No, you will not be quite the same as you were before the stroke, but, you will still be you, AND YOU ARE WHO I LOVE!!

13 comments:

Dee said...

God is definitely with you and helping you be a testimony to his grace and goodness. You ARE loved.

Joyful said...

So true my friend, so true. Hugs. xx

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! Love you Denise!!! hugs and smiles my Sister! ♥

RCUBEs said...

All throughout my life, I couldn't find anything that strengthens me except that from His Word. He reassures...comforts...protects...and all of other wonderful things. I pray that you'll always be strong...in His mighty power.

Never Forsaken said...

This is sometimes how I feel too, but like you...I soon remember that I am still being shaped into who I am meant to be in Jesus!
We are loved, wanted, and amazing because God made us...sometimes life reshapes us a little bit, but this is nothing that God cannot handle...nothing surprises Him or catches Him off guard.
Love you, my dear heart to heart sister~

sweetvintageofmine said...

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! He is always with us....blessings~~~Roxie

Joy Lenton said...

How grateful we are that God mends, heals and restores us! We don't have to stay broken. But He also uses us in our brokenness as His light shines brightest through flawed, cracked pots.
Thank you for sharing your journey and how God is giving you strength to witness to His power at work in your weakness ~ a wonderful testimony! Bless you :)

Chatty Crone said...

Fortunately no matter what our unfortunate circumstances are that is true. sandie

kchripczuk said...

Visiting from Diana's place. Yes, the gift of surrender to the One who holds it all. Blessings!

BARBIE said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart. God is more than capable of picking up the shattered pieces of our lives and putting us back together again. You are such an encouragement. Blessings!

kc bob said...

Those prophetic words moved me Denise. Ann and I can so relate. Disability has changed us but not who we are.

carol longenecker hiestand said...

still be you. I love that. thank you for this post today.

diana said...

Wow, new friend. This is quite a story of loss and redemption. Thank you so much for sharing it with our readers at Q & A this week. I'm trying to find an 'about' page, but not succeeding, but I see from the comments that your name is Denise. So thank you, Denise. I'm grateful for your contribution.