Tuesday, November 29, 2011

In Other Words Tuesday

Today we are doing In Other Words a little differently.
Instead of writing on one quote,
we are sharing a special quote,

Bible verse, song, etc. and why it is special to us.
What’s yours?
All the world is full of suffering. But, it is also full of overcoming. Helen Keller              I love this quote by Helen Keller, who truly did suffer, and overcome. She has always been one of my true heros, I admire the way she lived her life, and overcame some huge obstacles.God blessed her, and never left her side. In this world, we will have suffering, there will be much pain in our life. But, I know for a fact, you can, and will, overcome the suffering. All of this year, up until Labor Day, I was so sick, every weekend, I would be in bed, due to illness. Then, on Labor Day, I had a stroke, and came very close to dying. God brought me through, and here I am, almost three months later. I am not sick any longer every weekend, and praise God, I am alive. Yes, I am different in several ways, and I am still healing, but no suffering. Do not give up my brothers and sisters, you can overcome. With God, all things are possible.

                                                      

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

From the Heart said...

Praise God for answers to prayers a lot of people prayed for you. I can identify. God spared my life twice and each time He gave me something to do for Him.

Loni said...

Thank you so much for sharing the quote from Helen Keller. She was truly a wonderful example to us.

Heart2Heart said...

I am a huge fan of quotes and post them to my Facebook page daily. The one you used from Helen Keller is truly a great one to show how we can change our view when we are willing to focus on the positive things in our life.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Chatty Crone said...

I think that sometimes that HE allows suffering so that we can overcome! sandie

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Denise, I'm so glad you are doing better. Yes, you've gone through so much. Helen Keller certainly had her challenges in life and yet she persevered. With God all things are possible.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Peggy said...

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope", Jeremiah 29:11. This promise that God has good plans for my future has gotten me through many difficult times. Thankful for God's goodness

Peggy said...

Blessings Denise, That's the strength I need in you, my hero... just like Helen Keller.

Great quote and wonderful message from your heart and testimony!

No time for discouragement, it's time for overcoming! In the face of suffering, we are made victorious through Jesus! We must persevere just like Helen and overcome all obstacles...

To God be the glory!
Hallelujah! Much more to do in His Kingdom... Press On!
Peggy

Cathy said...

Thank God for His healing presence. I'm so glad you are feeling better, my friend. Love and Hugs ~